VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well that just sucks.Sorry about that, If anybody wants to watch it just click watchon you tube.
Next time i will try to watch the video in the post preview.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
scottb said:
Well that just sucks.Sorry about that, If anybody wants to watch it just click watchon you tube.
Since we are the only two in this thread I will hijack it... Have you listened to my buddy Eric Sardinas yet. I think you might really like him, he has a bunch of videos on you tube. Check out this one and listen to the solo at the 1:40 mark.. Good stuff

·
Registered
136 Posts

Wow,great stuff.Thanks for turning me on to Mr.sardinas.I had not heard of him.
Can't go wrong with Joe Satch either.I try to make sureI go to g3to seehim and steve vai everytime they come around my area.
Last couple of times they've had john petrucci,yngwie malmsteen and paul gilbert joining them.pure guitargasm.Is that a word?It is now.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Eric is a great guy and if you ever get a chance to see him in concert, go. The videos on you tube dont do him justice, get the Black Pearls album and crank it on a real stereo you will be very impressed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dsjr70 said:
scottb said:
Since we are the only two in this thread I will hijack it... Have you listened to my buddy Eric Sardinas yet. I think you might really like him, he has a bunch of videos on you tube. Check out this one and listen to the solo at the 1:40 mark.. Good stuff
Great stuff don.The dobro sounds great with a slide and a touch of gain,Still thinking about adding one to my collection.Im going to throw one more at you.
Joe stump is a professor at berklee,he teaches the metal class.I looked into taking a couple of lessons with him,but it was a bit more then i could afford.Watch the picking hand.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

We can't talk about rock without mentioning my beloved (but recently dissolved) Dream Theater!! Mike Portnoy threw in the towel and called it quits. Dam!!
Through the years they came up with some epic masterpieces. They plan to go on without Mike, but it will not and never be the same. Gonna miss them.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Joe stumps o.k.I guess.
Just kiddin!I love all guitar butI am a metalhead first and foremost.You just hit upon the very guitar playin thatI live for.
IfI give him a couple more lessons he might get somewhere.lol
Awesome shreddin,made my day!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
davelau said:
We can't talk about rock without mentioning my beloved (but recently dissolved) Dream Theater!! Mike Portnoy threw in the towel and called it quits. Dam!!
Through the years they came up with some epic masterpieces. They plan to go on without Mike, but it will not and never be the same. Gonna miss them.
That is to funny... Probably the greatest band no one hears of! How they really didnt make it to the mainstream is beyond me.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
scottb said:
dsjr70 said:
scottb said:
Great stuff don.The dobro sounds great with a slide and a touch of gain,Still thinking about adding one to my collection.Im going to throw one more at you.
Joe stump is a professor at berklee,he teaches the metal class.I looked into taking a couple of lessons with him,but it was a bit more then i could afford.Watch the picking hand.
Now we are getting more my speed. I like Eric much the way I like Rush, great music not really my style. I will say Rush is the most talented 3 man band I ever heard but my liking is more towards Killswitch Engage. Joe Stump is a name I dont know but after I hit Post Quote you can be sure I am Google'ing him. That was excellant!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
dsjr70 said:
davelau said:
That is to funny... Probably the greatest band no one hears of! How they really didnt make it to the mainstream is beyond me.
I think it has to do with their 19 minute songs. Good for long hauls and listening towhile surfing the web, but NOT good for radio.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks for the videos,I remember andy timmons from his danger danger days,but you stumped me on the second.I had to go look him up on wiki. both were nice pieces.
We need to keep this going, someone else put in there favorite guitar player.Motorcycles and music go great together.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
davelau said:
dsjr70 said:
davelau said:
I think it has to do with their 19 minute songs. Good for long hauls and listening towhile surfing the web, but NOT good for radio.
Yeah but Meatloaf made it! :)
I know different era, everyone had long songs back then. One day I hope more people get their eyes open to DT, definetely an excellant band

·
Registered
172 Posts
Last December I went to Austin to see Allan Holdsworth in a small club venue "The Continental"

All I can say is wow! The raked arpeggios that start at 5:20 are beyond crazy.

Allan is the guy that Eddie Van Halen mimicked to learn finger tapping.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.