VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Hatch pegs a good while and have really enjoyed them. When I recently bought the 2" extension though I found the peg they come with not to be long enough to rest my entire foot on. I always felt like I was barely hanging on. I searched around and found these extended pegs and they are a nice upgrade. They are plenty long to rest my entire foot on and are much more comfortable now. They are true highway bars now instead on just a resting nub. I just ordered a second set of pegs for the 08 I just got and will be adding these to it as well. I ordered the Hatch pegs from Gonzos and had the not include the small pegs. That made the Hatch mounts and 2"extension $130 shipped.

Amazon.com: ISO Style Chrome & Rubber Extended Shifter Peg for Harley Davidson: Automotive

Office supplies Font Automotive tire Parallel Cylinder

I'll take a pic of them mounted and add it later.

Reactions: gmd

· Registered
152 Posts
@VicVisionBulldog are you a tall guy or have a long inseam so that you need the 2" extension? I'm wanting to order the jbhatch pegs but not sure I would need the extensions. I'm 6-1 with a 32 inseam...

Oh and shoot us some pictures of your carbon fiber front shroud, looks good in the picture. I have done my console but might want to do some accents to give the black a little extra something.

· Super Moderator
27,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@VicVisionBulldog are you a tall guy or have a long inseam so that you need the 2" extension? I'm wanting to order the jbhatch pegs but not sure I would need the extensions. I'm 6-1 with a 32 inseam...

Oh and shoot us some pictures of your carbon fiber front shroud, looks good in the picture. I have done my console but might want to do some accents to give the black a little extra something.
Bare foot I'm 5-11. At 6-1 I would highly recommend getting the extensions.

The wrap is on my wind deflectors.

· Registered
3,673 Posts
@VicVisionBulldog can the hatch pegs be mounted on the front side of the tipovers? (Instead of behind them). At 6'2" and 34inseam even with the extension I'm not sure they'd be out/forward far enough for me

· Super Moderator
27,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@VicVisionBulldog can the hatch pegs be mounted on the front side of the tipovers? (Instead of behind them). At 6'2" and 34inseam even with the extension I'm not sure they'd be out/forward far enough for me
No. They only mount one way.

Reactions: md2420

· Registered
6 Posts
Awesome information and pictures. I just ordered the JB Hatch pegs and will definitely want a bigger peg to rest the feet on. Appreciate you posting this. The hex bolt that comes with the ISO peg needs nothing else (nut or washer) to attach it to the Hatch mount, correct?

· Super Moderator
27,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Awesome information and pictures. I just ordered the JB Hatch pegs and will definitely want a bigger peg to rest the feet on. Appreciate you posting this. The hex bolt that comes with the ISO peg needs nothing else (nut or washer) to attach it to the Hatch mount, correct?
It simply screws into the Hatch Peg mount. Nothing to it. The new pegs even come with the wrench.

The only thing is they go all the way through and pushed out the cap on the other side of the mount that just covers the hole. It is just a plastic cap and didn't bother me enough to shorten the included hardware so I could still use the caps. I like having more thread holding them now.

Reactions: rseven923

· Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,687 Posts
@VicVisionBulldog looks good Dog. You would think I'd be all over these, but I don't think those would last long, I would scrape them right off! Plus the sport rider in me won't let me put my feet that far forward...

· Super Moderator
27,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@VicVisionBulldog looks good Dog. You would think I'd be all over these, but I don't think those would last long, I would scrape them right off! Plus the sport rider in me won't let me put my feet that far forward...
I dropped the bike with them on and they don't touch. Clear just fine.

I have drug the tip overs and a small spot on the Hatch mount scrapes but it has not presented any issue. Does shoot sparks on concrete though which is pretty cool in the dark.

Come on over to the comfortable side.

· Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,687 Posts
Things are getting interesting over [email protected] well my friend, my bike is in pieces over here! Things are getting interesting...

Edit... Did I mention that things were getting interesting here! Sorry about the post. Fumbling around with the mobile!

• Haha
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

· Super Moderator
27,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I got my second set of Hatch pegs. I mounted them to the 08 and both bikes are now set up the same. Oddly the fins on the 08 touches the hatch peg extension yet clears on the 13.

I just put both sets of lowers on using the Vic template and from what I can tell they are mounted the same on each. The only difference is the 13 has the Cycleops fins and the 08 has the Vic plastic ones. Maybe they are curved differently or something.

It's late and I was stumped so I'll look at it later. It is only keeping the fins from maybe a half inch of movement outward so I'm not really concerned about it. Not enough to reapply the lowers. They pull in tight just fine and go out far enough to block the wind so I'm going to leave it. I plan to get another set of Cycleops fins so maybe that will fix the issue.

The ISO pegs I added look nice with the chrome tipovers on the 08. I almost bought the chrome Hatch pegs but thought that may be a bit more chrome than I wanted. I think I made the right choice. I'll get some pics up soon.

Reactions: BoilerMan
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.