VOG Forum banner

Jackpot vs Street glide?

5K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  Rags 
#1 ·
So I have a 09 Ness Jackpot (106”)
My mods are
Under drive pulley and RPW Bad Boy exhaust. victory stage one tune from the previous exhaust.

His bike 2012 103” motor.
Mods are screaming Eagle intake
Rhine heart slip ons and a tune.

I can’t find any Info of 1/8th mile times on a 2012 SG stage one.

a bother their party is wanting to put $250 saying I can’t outrun the SG at the strip in the 1/8th.

Now the owner of the SG we’ve raced his 13 cross roads he red lighted and I still passed the finish like before him that was before my exhaust swap and under drive pulley install. He’s not new to racing he has a race truck. (S10).

Curious what others would think if it would be a safe bet.

picture of my bike just because.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
You should easily take him. But I would hedge the bet against a bad launch. Maybe something like my best of 3 runs against your best of 3. If you’re running a stock (hard) Dunlop it can be super easy to choke the launch and ruin the run.

#7 ·
yeah run him best of 3 runs and dont redlight

Reactions: Gnome
#13 ·
W

e had a roll on tonight granted he was two up but I was already three bike lengths back when he opened it up.
I ran him down and had him by 4-5 bikes by the time I hit 75mph. Started off around 20 mph.

he made the comment about my bike being a lot faster than it was.

at bike night tonight someone he knew wanted to race him (the guy thought he had his XR BIKE he looked at me and asked me for my key. lol.

The guy was messing with him but he was there looking for a race. He had a 103 with at least full 2 into 1 exhaust cams, intake and a tune. If I had my cams and torque tubes and tune I would have raced him. He was there to run for money so I didn't simply because I wasn't sure if he had more. Like a hidden bottle.

#28 ·
What I don't get is, .....
Why you're showing your cards on the street when you're presumably running for Ca$h at the track?
Pointless unless you sandbag and up the ante at the track!

#33 ·
What I don't get is, .....
Why you're showing your cards on the street when you're presumably running for Ca$h at the track?
Pointless unless you sandbag and up the ante at the track!
The person I would be racing isn't the person that was wanting to make the bet.

The other guy that lives in the neighborhood says the HD will win but he is only basing that off of because it's a HD. frankly he didn't know **** about bikes.
If he wants to lose his money that's fine.

now if junior and I was to make the bet. I wouldn't have blown past him. I would have done just enough to keep up and not gain ground. Because he'd appear faster than me without a passenger.

#34 ·
Put an Avon Cobra tire on the bike. That will give you a better launch. They are hard to spin when new. Given the mods to both bikes I can’t see the heavier SG winning this race.

#39 ·
Put an Avon Cobra tire on the bike. That will give you a better launch. They are hard to spin when new. Given the mods to both bikes I can't see the heavier SG winning this race.
He didn't.
I have a new Metzler marathon ultra on the rear. Not my choice it was on the bike when I bought it and it's brand new so I'll ride it till it needs another then I'll change to something else.

#36 ·
I can see it now comparing.
I'm almost a full second slower to the 330 foot, and horsepower ain't gonna make up that difference....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.