VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone put a jackpot shock on a vegas as its about a inch shorter...thinking about getting a progressive shock (short) but have a jackpot shock i got a good deal on a few years back that has a few thousand miles on it. Heard mixed reviews on links, plus this shock is only almost a inch shorter and not 1.5 like most links...any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Swap it out and tell us what"you" think.

I put a lowering link on mine and preloaded the spring a little to raise it up a touch for a little bit. I took the link out and left the spring loaded. I prefer the ground clearance over both heals on the ground.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good question about the valving...i would think technically it should give it a stance of a low or newer vegas...think when its raining ill throw it in and see if i like it...also eyeing the progressive -1"....waiting for a no brainer sale price on one but havent seen it yet lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive heard good things about the penske also...heard its just a little more tunable/user friendly...guess ill put that on my search also if i can find one reasonably...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
It will work. But please, dont waste your hard earned $$ on that garbage progressive shock, they really arent much better than stock shocks. If you really want to transform the way your bike rides/handles, we can set up a Penske shock for YOUR rider weight. It also is a fully rebuildable unit and the lower clevice is adjustable so you can change your ride height.

Penske Adjustable Race Shock

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Ive heard good things about the penske also...heard its just a little more tunable/user friendly...guess ill put that on my search also if i can find one reasonably...
Sometimes you get what you pay for...
The Penske gives you a plusher ride over small road irregularities, as initial movement is softer, and when you start to push it into it's travel more, it firms up nicely and the dampening is smooth.

I haven't changed my shock from stock, as I'm happy with the way it works (works better the harder you work it) but the guys I know who did the Penske conversion are very pleased with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.