VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to clean-up the back of my Jackpot. I will do the vertical-side mount thing for the plate [I understand the Florida prohibition has been overturned]. Does anyone have any ideas about the cheesy rear turn signals? I have seen the LED's that mount to the bottom of the rear fender. I also thought about drilling holes in the rear fender to mount turn signals but there are no good, flat surfaces. Has anyone fabricated brackets to mount the lights just below the rear fender?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Kevin for all your help!
I was planning to dothe LED bulletson both the rear and front. To keep the flash rate normal [2008 Jackpot], do I need a resistor for each [right and left] signal circuit or is there a common that will require only one resisitor?
Any other tricks that would be helpful?

·
Registered
46 Posts

As I understand it the following should cover your needs. I haven't installed this item so you might want to take further advice from someone who has. Hope it helps.

Load Equalizer

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts

I went with bullets mount to the stock plastic brackets, installed them and they look real nice to me.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...facturer_ID=16&product_ID=26208&related=short
I didn't need the Load Equalizer yet. I will when I install some front LEDS though. They flash rate is a bit higher, but not too bad. I personally like keeping the stock mounting on the back. I think removing the mounting there make the fender appear to high in my opinion.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
willorlando said:
I went with bullets mount to the stock plastic brackets, installed them and they look real nice to me.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...facturer_ID=16&product_ID=26208&related=short
I didn't need the Load Equalizer yet. I will when I install some front LEDS though. They flash rate is a bit higher, but not too bad. I personally like keeping the stock mounting on the back. I think removing the mounting there make the fender appear to high in my opinion.
Thanks willorlando - this seems like a good solution. I agree that the lights are best located near the stockones. I guess I can cut down the plastic bracket as I'll do a side mount for the plate.
Do you have any pix?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Those look good. I'm getting ready to start my off season projects, one of them is to change my brake and turn signal lights. I'm not sure which way to go with the turn signals, how difficult is the wiring install for those?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jackpot52 said:
Those look good. I'm getting ready to start my off season projects, one of them is to change my brake and turn signal lights. I'm not sure which way to go with the turn signals, how difficult is the wiring install for those?
It was fairly easy, I removed the rear fender to get at the wiring. I cut the existing wires close to the lights and just spliced to the new wiring. The flash rate is faster without the load equalizers, but I like it. I tell people it's an aftermarket "hyperflash" module for better visibility.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks kinda like what I did with the rear signals. Except I used [link='http://weekendconcepts.com/vizorlights.html']these[/link] instead of the KM ones.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tomahawk makes a mounting bracket. I drilled a couple of extra holes to locate the lights a little further from the center line of rear fender. The existing holes seemed a little tight. Below is a link to one - you can probably find a better price if you shop. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ32360

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.