I currently have an 07Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic, but I fell in lust with the Jackpot. Is it the fat rear tire, or the paint & graphics, or the low stance, or..... ? The lime is luscious, and the tequila gold just about makes me cry.
Anyway, I have a dilemma: I own
my Yammy and I've done a lot of performance mods to the engine and exhaust. I could now focus on cosmetic touches (stretch tank, fenders, slam kit, paint, etc) to the tune of around $6kor
I could cave to my ego, go into debt again and get a 09 or 10 Jackpot. Egos are expensive.
My Yammy is around 600lbs, seat height 27 inches.It's a little longer than the JP with a smidge more ground clearance. The JP is 50lbs heavier, has a lower seat height, is overalla little lower - and of course has that big 250mm tire and the crazy steriod-induced engine. Mmmm, torque.
My only complaints about the Yammyare that the stock bar is too far forward (hurts my shoulders and elbows, but is easily fixed), and it's just "another one of thoselow, black non-descript cruisers with lots of chrome". I'm a woman, 5'5 and can flat-foot it easily, and it handles really well for me. I just don't have long arms....
Wanted to ask JP owners the pros and cons for their bikes:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What have you changed / modified on your JP and why?
- Any mechanical problems? I hear they're basically bullet-proof.
- What's the must-do mod you'd recommend doing first?
- Thinking of the Vic swept pipes. Any problems with heat or blueing?
- What's your mpg? My Star is getting around 45 mpg mainly highway.
- Are you thinking of selling your JP? If so why, and what would you buy?
- Any suggestions for a woman rider/prospective buyer?
Appreciate any input you can give. Scared to visit a dealer to check out the JP in person.... I'd likely sell my mother at that point to ride it home.