VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and greetings from the UK! I was into Harleys (I have owned two Lowriders on separate occasions in the past) and after a few years on Jap bikes I wanted to return to Harley. At our last major motorcycle show in 2009 some of the major manufacturers never turned up (Harley included) but Victory did and I was blown away by the Hammer S (looking good in its Shelby Cobra colours) and the Jackpot in gold (although they did have a version in red with the same extreme graphics for some reason). I'vebeen to my local dealership and discovered the Victory sales guy used to be a Harley nut and now swears by Victory, and every report I've read hasn't a bad word to say about the range. Unlike Harley. Anyway, my mind is pretty much made up but I'm undecided between the Jackpot and Hammer S. Anyone out there with any advice?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Best option for you is to test ride them both and go from there. They are the same for engine, tranny, rear tire and rear suspension. Differences would be seating position, front fork set up and front tire size. So it would have to come down to what you like and feel more comfortable on. Myself personally would be the Hammer as I had to do less work in the corners and the riding position suit me better.

·
Registered
752 Posts

The Hammer is faster, better brakes, handles better. The Jackpot has more aggressive styling bling potential.
I ride a Jackpot, and I don't have a problem with the braking or handling.

·
Registered
252 Posts

I drove them both but I was impressed with the Hammer styling, brakes and performance. For me it was the Hammer and I have never regretted it. I have looked at other bikes that may be more suitable for riding 2 up but would always keep my Hammer. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Vic doesn't use Brembo brakes anymore. However the dual disks on the hammer will give you better stopping.

How is the hammer faster? They are the same engine transmission and weight? Performance should be about the same straight line. The hammer should corner better though due to the inverted forks and more clearance. Neither are going to corner like a sportbike though.

Really you can't go wrong with either bike. It's going to be all about what you prefer. I personally like the styling of the Jackpot better so that's what I went with.

If you go from a purely technical standpoint the Hammer should come out on top due to the inverted forks, dual brakes and more clearance/lean angle. Honestly, many people will never use most of those things to the point where it makes a difference.

I think the Jackpot presents better options for riding two up though. and like I said, looks wise I think the Pot wins hands down. You can put a lot of miles comfortably on either bike.

·
Registered
717 Posts

After only spending a short time on each. I would pick the Hammer.
A lot of the roads I ride are in tough shape, plus with all the roads being crowned, the skinny front tire grabbed the road imperfections way too much.
The Hammer was a lot of fun to drive.

·
Registered
423 Posts
If I were you, I would take both bikes on a section of road that has a lot of curves. I love my Hammer because it does better on the twisties. I love curves and you can have fun on the Hammer, but still keep your speed fairly close to the speed limit. My Aprilia is for those times when I just want to go crazy on the curves. The Hammer is much more comfortable, though. Have fun on the test ride. If you don't care about the curves or the brakes then go with the Jackpot. I live for the twisties so that's why I have the bikes that I have.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It all depends on the type of riding you do if you are more aggresive go the Hammer route. If your not as aggresive go the Jp route. Test ride them both and then you will know. I had to go with the Jackpot because i fell in love with the look. You will not go wrong with either decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.