VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Lloydz TT intake, but after getting the bike back together, it won't start. It cranks, emits clouds of gas from the exhaust pipes, and occasionally pops/backfires. But the engine won't start. I checked and double-checked all my connectors, and I also replaced spark plugs/ plug wires just to rule them out. Anyone got any deas?

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Plug wires definitely not switched. Plug under tank is definitely connected.
I remember 1 time a injector wire did not seat properly after taking the tank off only, it took me HOURS, and never found the actual peoblem, exept unplugging and plugging & cleaning again

She started right up after hours of tracing wires that were nothing wrong on fitst sight ....

Keep going mate ... You can find it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JEDI, plugs are spankin' new, definitely not fouled. It has a PCV, which I installed over a year ago (along with shorty exhaust). The only change I've made recently is the TT intake. And thanks for the welcome!

EDIT: I also pulled the plugs and cranked it to check for spark. Spark exists.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI, I took it all apart again to re-check all my connectors. When I got the ram tubes off the throttle body, I found a piece of a styrofoam peanut sitting on top of one of the air valves. Best guess is that the ram tubes or one of the air filters had some pieces of styrofoam inside, and I failed to notice, resulting in styrofoam getting into one or both cylinders. Weighing my options regarding what to do. Not sure I want to pull the engine apart myself.

·
Registered
865 Posts
FYI, I took it all apart again to re-check all my connectors. When I got the ram tubes off the throttle body, I found a piece of a styrofoam peanut sitting on top of one of the air valves. Best guess is that the ram tubes or one of the air filters had some pieces of styrofoam inside, and I failed to notice, resulting in styrofoam getting into one or both cylinders. Weighing my options regarding what to do. Not sure I want to pull the engine apart myself.
Take the spark plugs out and work it through that way. Eyeball it, break up the foam, suck it out.
You can rent one of those video cameras from an automotive store to check if there's anything left in there and if there is, where. If it's not in the cylinders or stuck in one of the valves, you might need to take a good look at the throttle body intake manifolds to make sure there's nothing left.

Reactions: jedi-mcfly

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Welcome to the VOG

Any updates on your Jackpot?

Also, what part of Alabama?

Reactions: tree1979
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.