VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is a big day for me.This afternoon I purchased an08 Vision Tour Premium.It was tooooo good of a deal to pass up.I will be fetching the bike on Saturday after a few bolt ons are in place.I can hardly wait. This is a great Christmas.I will post pics later.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Welcome to the family. Since your the new guy you have to make the beer run.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Trekwolf164 said:
Welcome to the family. Since your the new guy you have to make the beer run.
That's a good point...but here's a question:

When a rider gets a new bike, does he or she buy the first round or do we buy it? (Hey, as the webmaster I cannot advocate drinking while riding! Sorry, but the lawyers make me add these types of disclaimers!).

One thing I'll add to this thread for Kornbread is to take the MSF class as soon as you get the new bike. It's a great way to learn the handling and braking characteristics in a controlled environment. I'm in the habit of taking the class whenever I get a new bike. It's well worth the cost and it saves you a bunch on your insurance!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Depends upon where you display your new ride if you bring it to the local bar then the crew buys.If you bring it to the local shop then you ride to get beers.
And of course no one wants anyone to over consume and drive anything but to have a beer and toast the new ride is just tradition. I personally have a two beer limit when I am on two wheels and being 250 lbs that keeps me well below the .08 in my state.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Andy while i appreciate the advice about the Safety Course, I take it every 3 years.I simply take the bike out in a parking lot and practice slow speed operations for about 2 hours.
Trekwolf I am also a big man,6ft 5inches tall and 305lbs.I have a 3 beer limit.I am also law enforcement so i really watch my P's and Q's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.