VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've ridden over 600 km, it was time to wash the bike since the last time was in the Fall. So I went to my favourite wand wash that I've used for the past 25+ years and gave it the usual decent wash. As I was wiping it dry, a guy on his way to buy more tokens for his wash walked by, then turned around and walked back a few steps. He stopped, took a quick glance, said "NICE BIKE!", gave me a thumbs up and proceeded to get his tokens. It put a really nice smile on my face and I thanked him. His was one of many I've received over the past 6 years of ownership.

Vic bikes still catch the eyes of strangers who elicit nice comments and/or positive gestures who see our bikes the works of art they are. Damn you Polaris.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Never had a bad comment about mine.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Victory's & Guzzi's I always get a thumbs up.
I guess I'm just an attention whore.

• Haha
Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
One of our motor officers approached me yesterday asking me about my 13 Vision. He asked what year it was and was surprised it was a 13 saying it looked newer. We talked about maintenance and riding and he really seemed to like what he heard.

Then twice in the past weeks I've had another bike pull up and say they liked my Vision. She may be an orphan but she still turns heads.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Last Wednesday I rode the Magnum to the local Bike Night. When I got there, a good friend of mine was airing up the rear tire on his bike. Ended up finding a nail hole right in the middle of his tread. I ran up to the auto parts store and got him a plug kit. As I pulled in to the parts store, a lady in the parking lot had stopped and was checking out the Magnum. As soon as I shut the bike off, she said "that is a really nice bike!" and stood there checking it out for a minute or so. Come to find out, she rides passenger with her husband on his HD.

I seem to get those same comments with all three of my bikes. What I have noticed is the difference between the people that like each one of them. I tend to get more comments on the Concours from younger people (I think due to the performance) and women (mostly about the color). The M109 tends to pull more comments from the custom car and bike crowd. Either those that like doing builds themselves, or those that like checking out custom work in general. The Magnum always seems to get more comments from other bikers.

It is similar to the "wave". It is funny seeing the difference in who waves and who doesn't depending on which bike I ride. I alway think to myself, "if they only knew..." Hahaha!

·
Registered
838 Posts
People are always complimenting Cindy and I when we are at gas stations or lunch stops.
Two white Vics, side by side gets attention. Boardwalk and Kingpin.

Reactions: mister-g

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
I got a great thumbs up today.

This morning while leaving my neighborhood on my 13 I come to a house where a father is working on his truck. As the dad is bent over doing something with the motor his young son is sitting up on the trucks radiator. When I made the corner the kid looked up and started to smile. He then shot me a big thumbs up and a wave. Over the years Ive gotten many thumbs ups and compliments but this one has to be the best.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
In a veritable sea of Harley's with my brothers, I get the looks and compliments. I know it pisses them off.
When I ride in front, we'll stop and I'll ask, "Do you smell that? That's the smell of Victory!"
There's five or six of us in my chapter with Victory motorcycles,.. one or two guys will say something now and again. They never want to line em' up though.

Turns out I am going to El Paso this year,. So if you are around I'll make sure to park my Gunner next to yours.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Earlier this week I stopped off at the grocery store and afterwards when I was loading three paper bags of groceries in the saddlebags a Canadian came up and started complementing me on the bike, and asked how I liked it. I told him I love it, and it was a real shame they quit making them.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Next to my shop is a window tinting business.
Yesterday I pulled in on the Vic & a guy starts walking over from across the lot.
He was saying something but with me being mostly deaf & the helmet on I didn't understand him.
I got the hat off & told him I'm mostly deaf just wait until I got closer.

He was asking if I was the guy who did the tinting.
I told him no he'll get here around 8:30 or 9:00 (it was 7:30 or 8:00)
He says well I gotta get to work here's the keys to my car (new BMW).

Hey I don't work for him & you're pretty trusting to just toss me your keys.
He sez: "No problem I ride a Harley & I like them Vic's".

·
Registered
899 Posts
Leave it to a Beemer guy and expect you to valet his car!:crackup:

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
So did you take it for a spin Ferris ? Lol.

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
Next to my shop is a window tinting business.
Yesterday I pulled in on the Vic & a guy starts walking over from across the lot.
He was saying something but with me being mostly deaf & the helmet on I didn't understand him.
I got the hat off & told him I'm mostly deaf just wait until I got closer.

Hey I don't work for him & you're pretty trusting to just toss me your keys.
He sez: "No problem I ride a Harley & I like them Vic's".
Where's the road report for the BMW? He basically asked you to do one.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
Guess I'm just too dang naive & honest.
I left the tint guy a note on the door.
Hey I'm a cop and I wouldn't take a report of auto theft or unauthorized use. In my opinion he gave you a freebie! Lol!

Don't worry though. I wouldn't have taken it out either.... Not with my Victory right next to it.

Reactions: Taoist63

·
Registered
879 Posts
I've only had my Magnum since last August but I can't remember a fuel stop, or food stop where someone hasn't complimented me on the bike. Several of them thought it was a custom bike
Same with my Jackpot. Everyone thinks it has a custom paint job or they ask "how much did you pay for those wheels?"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.