VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all it's been a couple of years since I've been on. Boy does the time fly. No real issues with my 2014 CC with nearly 30,000 miles.

My brother who I haven't talked to in a year or so called me the other day saying he was buying his first street bike and found a good deal on a 2016 Cross Country with less than 3,000 miles on it. So now he's looking to do some minor mods but is having a hard time finding parts.

He wants to put passenger floor boards on for his wife but I can't find the brackets anywhere. Where is everyone picking up their OEM parts?

He also told me he didn't have cruise control. I thought cruise control was standard on all CC bikes no? I know it came on mine and all my friends had it on theirs. He is telling me that there's nothing on his right bars. In any case again, where would you find these?

I've looked on a few of the old sites I use to shop but it's slim pickens....

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
It's possible you may find the cruise control setup/module still at dealers, may have to call around or call Polaris directly and ask if they can point you in the right direction. New will cost in the $1000-1500 range for the setup. The floorboard mounts have been MIA since about 2016, I've been looking forever. There are options for both. Break-away throttle lock for the cruise is a good alternative, add a throttle boss to help with hand fatigue. It's on the pricey side, probably around $180 but well made from billet aluminum last I checked. There are others that are probably as good for less, I'm sure. You can also look for wrecked/parts bikes for sale. You may also be able to piece one together buying parts from eBay or elsewhere.

For the floorboards, there are other options. They won't exactly match what the bike already has but it shouldn't be a big deal unless you have OCD about it. Kuryakyn flooboards and a spline adapter for the existing peg mounts can be done. Again, it won't be cheap, expect to pay about $30 for the splines and $200+ for the boards. I can't recall the part number for Kuryakyn but a little research will help.

Utilize the vendors that still sell OEM and aftermarket parts. I.E. Buywitchdoctors, victoryonly, vicbaggers, arlen ness, etc.

Here's an option for the boards:
ASR Floorboards With Adapters - Chrome or Black Victory Motorcycle Parts for Victory Custom Bikes

An OEM style throttle lock:
Cruise Control Black, Chrome Victory Only Motorcycle Custom Parts Accessories Aftermarket Victory Boardwalk

Here's info on the Break-away:
7CP04 Motorcycle Cruise Control fits select Triumph, Victory, and Yamaha

I just realized these guys are right up the road from where I live, might have to go check them out sometime.

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Check with some of the online OEM parts sites. I’ve had good luck getting parts from cheap cycle parts. The cruise control is made by Rostra. You may be able to get everything you need from them. You need to be moderately proficient in electrical work if you are going to do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.