VOG Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Premium Member
441 Posts
The Brides ride was running Rotella T-6 15w40. That is what the PO indicated he ran, so stuck with it. This last oil change, I pushed it a few extra mile to get to an even/round mile number (45K). Mostly because it is easier for me to remember. Here is the observation. At the end, after the engine got warm, the downshifting got 'sticky', not easy. Adjusted the clutch a couple of times. She has Kuryakyn TRANSFORMER grips, which are bigger than stock, so there is a smaller window for clearance / free play in clutch travel.
Have changed hers to Amsoil for Victory. Have always used WIX filters. (Hey, if they are good enough for TVS (Rylan), then they are good enough for me.)
Personal lessons learned:
1: Wont push miles again just to make the oil change milage numbers easy.
2: It is WAY easier to stock ONE brand of OIL and FILTER when the stable is full of the same engine.

Ride safe,
Smokier

· Premium Member
13,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Great riding this weekend and the 20/50 Spectro Golden4 semi synthetic is doing great. Shifting is improved greatly and my motor os noticeably smoother and quieter. I think on my 2011Xc I will stick with this blend and wt.

· Registered
3,658 Posts
We haven’t had a good “O” discussion for a few moons now, so kicking this one back up.

Time for another oil change and I have a bunch of OEM filters (thank you again @earl yoder ), but didn’t want to get a kit, just oil. With the warmer climate down here in AZ, I thought I’d give the Ultra1Plus 20w50 a try.

ordered a case and will be delivered this weekend. I’ll be at 50k and have run nothing but Vic oil since I got the bike with 12k on the clock.

keep your fingers crossed for me fellas. I’ll let you know how it goes.

· Registered
3,658 Posts
You guys are not disappointing at all. Wouldn’t be an O thread without it going off the rails in 2 posts.

way to go fellas…good work! :)

· Registered
4,503 Posts
I was gonna put millennial oil in mine but it sounded hard so I gave up & never tried

· Premium Member
13,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Desecration of the an oil thread will not be tolerated ! How dare all of you !
Starting this Sunday you will all attend Slicks oil management class or be banned from oil threads for life ! Those attending with Spectro oil purchase receipts will be excused !

· Premium Member
441 Posts
Was thinking, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Popeye beat me to it...

Ride safe,
Smokier

· Registered
2,659 Posts
Desecration of the an oil thread will not be tolerated ! How dare all of you !
Starting this Sunday you will all attend Slicks oil management class or be banned from oil threads for life ! Those attending with Spectro oil purchase receipts will be excused !
ya see! all y'all done p.o'd dr. slickvic! now yer' in for it! may GOD have mercy on your souls!!!!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts