VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experiencing what I’m experiencing? AT&T pop ups and other advertising literally making it impossible to participate on our secure and protected forum ! Annoying !

Who will man the oil threads ? The dark side car tire threads ! Oh the irony of it all !

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Yeah, the ads on here are pretty obnoxious. I installed ad blocker plus and that pretty much took care of it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use Google Chrome with Ad Blocker Plus and have no issues at all. I have not seen an ad on here because of it.

I also see no ads when accessing the site from my iPhone.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I get it that ad blockers help, but why in the hell cant the IT gurus that run the site keep these ads off the site to begin with?!?!

I understand that ads are how they get paid, but these ads completely prevent participation in the forum. If there is no traffic on the site, there is no revenue to be made with the ads. Seems counter productive to me!

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It happens when I use my IPhone.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
It happens when I use my IPhone.
Same here.

After 2-3 days it is back to normal. Like now. I haven't gotten the pop up all day today, but it came up every time I log in on Friday - Sunday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Those of you having issues when logging in on iPhone, what browser do you use? I use the Google Chrome app and have no issues at all.

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Google.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Safari

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.