VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
My Opinion:

The sound quality of the XM on a Vision falls between the FM and an iPod. It's better than the radio, but the sound quality is not as good as the sound generated from an iPod or MP3 player.

However, the selection of programming on XM is excellent.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
YES !
After riding without it for a while i re activated it before the Key West trip and im so glad i did.
As Andy said its not as good as the Ipod but it is TONS better than the Fm.
At 75 Mph i can hear it fine and jam along with the sounds of Jimmy Buffet from Chicago to Key West and never have a hickup.
Also depending on where you live, sometimes the FM is non existent anyway.
A well worthwhile investment .
Keep an eye on ebay, ive seen it on there a few times.

·
Registered
717 Posts

It sounds great when it comes in. My problem is that where I ride, reception is sketchy. Lots of silence. I am not going to renew subscription.
My FM comes in great and I mostly listen to my IPOD.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Rick your not supposed to ride in the forest LOL

Just like Satellite radio, if you can see the sky you shouldnt have a problem
Rick Do you ride a lot with tall trees? that might make a difference.
I know sometimes when in the mountains ive had some issues but usually not for long.
Or in a city with Some bigger buildings.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Rick057 said:
It sounds great when it comes in. My problem is that where I ride, reception is sketchy. Lots of silence. I am not going to renew subscription.
My FM comes in great and I mostly listen to my IPOD.
If you're losing reception in areas with open skies, you might want to double check the antenna connection, its position on the dash or the antenna itself. If it's too close to the windshield, it might cause some reception issues. Possibly if you move it a bit back, the reception will clear up. Or, possibly when it was installed, the antenna wire was pinched and that would adversely affect reception.

Like you, I live on the Eastern Seaboard and we're located on the fringe of the satellite reception footprint. Personally, I didn't experience any intermittent signal issues...even when riding East towards the beach.

When you call XM to cancel, ask for the "retention" department as it's their job to salvage accounts that are on the verge of cancellation. When you're speaking to them, tell them of the reception issues you're having and you'll probably get some good input on this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.