VOG Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Perhaps the All Balls bearings can either be very good or very bad. There have been postings here and at a Moto Guzzi forum I read where people had terrible experience with All Balls wheel bearings.

Some of the places I shop for Victory parts include:

The prices at the first two are comparable but the shipping costs vary a lot so be mindful of that. You won't see the actual price until you put the item in your Cart.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Perhaps the All Balls bearings can either be very good or very bad. There have been postings here and at a Moto Guzzi forum I read where people had terrible experience with All Balls wheel bearings.

Some of the places I shop for Victory parts include:

The prices at the first two are comparable but the shipping costs vary a lot so be mindful of that. You won't see the actual price until you put the item in your Cart.
I have two sets of All Balls wheel bearings for replacement and all four were short of grease. Popped seals out to check them and put grease in them and reinstalled seals.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
have two sets of All Balls wheel bearings for replacement and all four were short of grease.
Yup, mine too, could see through them more than not, only had 3-4 grease dots in each bearing

• Agree
Reactions: parker3

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone know off hand what the steering stem nut torque spec is for the use of the Allballs timken bearing? Apparently you shouldn't torque to 75lbft like oem recommends?
Sorry
I just added the same question in another thread Ive been posting to right before I read this one

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Replied in the other thread

·
Registered
303 Posts
Anyone know off hand what the steering stem nut torque spec is for the use of the Allballs timken bearing? Apparently you shouldn't torque to 75lbft like oem recommends?
Sorry
I just added the same question in another thread Ive been posting to right before I read this one
It shouldn’t matter what bearings you use. The torque should be the same for any bearing that fits, as the OEM part. I just recently had my steering head apart doing the routine inspection of the bearings and greasing them. They were a bit short on grease.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Owning a Victory has been great for me and I am looking forward to many years of enjoying my King Pin. These bikes were made and engineered very well and I think will be a great investment in the long run. Being out of production will continue to present challenges which is why networks like this will become ever more valuable.

Glad to hear you are back on the road!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Not to jinx anyone but, since the seal and fork rebuild, it has been one thing after another. Went to ride Friday, flat front tire. Got that fixed, jumped on today dead battery. Jump started, won’t hold a charge. Located a new battery in the very small south central Kentucky town I live in, it will be ready in the morning. These things come in threes so I can wait to see what’s next.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
These things come in threes so I can wait to see what’s next.
Having hella fun riding your Vic with its new battery and repaired front tire, unless it’s due for an oil change or fuel up

21 - 35 of 35 Posts