VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to be getting much more difficult locating and receiving parts for repair and general maintenance. I had a fork seal go bad. My on line search found the “rebuild kit” which of course included the seal, at $65.00 per side. What really got me was the time it took to process the order and ship. Every supplier I spoke with could not expedite the order and offered no other shipping option then standard ground. Is this normal? The process almost lends itself to hoarding those common maintenance items.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yup, when Polaris announced it was cancelling the Victory line I stocked up on a drive belt, fuel filter and fork seals.
Of course last month one of my spark plug leads crumbled, I didn't stock up on that part, and I could not find one anywhere in Canada where I live. The USA has them everywhere but shipping to Canada would have cost $120 for a foot piece of wire.
I found a rider in Calgary that sent me his old ones and that is what got me back on the road again.
All that to say, yes it is getting harder to find, longer to get and more expensive. Especially outside the USA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done a little research trying to identify the companies that supplied parts to Victory/Polaris. I’m sure the forks for example were not manufactured by Victory but outsourced to a supplier. I can’t seem to find any information on who these suppliers were and if the parts could be sourced through them directly. Would be nice to buy parts direct and not through sub-dealers that purchased Victory’s parts inventory.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
@Davidjack who are you using for parts? I’d suggest our known gurus that likely have them in stock or can get them like Noemtz and The Vic Shop.

this way you are supporting the very few that support us and they would know best what is available or not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I posted a similar question in the Jackpot category. I’m having difficulty sourcing regular maintenance parts. The suppliers I have contacted will not expedite a shipment and will only use standard ground. This is pushing lead times out to two and three weeks.

Wouldn’t it be nice to go direct to the manufacture or distributor? I’m guessing but do not know for a fact, Victory/Polaris must have used suppliers for common items like forks. Knowing who these suppliers were could give another supply source to us the end user making the parts readily accessible and maybe less expensive.

Does anyone out there know who may have been a supplier for Victory/Polaris?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
md2420, thanks did not know about Noemtz. I have used The Vic Shop. Just wish they had a way to expedite picking an order and shipping options other then ground. I have been down close to three weeks waiting on suppliers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply, I was needing the fork seals. Unfortunately these are only available in the kit form that ran $65. Per side. I don’t know this as fact, but I can’t imagine the seal itself is more then $15 - $20. I was able to source them from victory parts pro and the Vic shop. Yes I had to order them twice……………..don’t ask.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I was needing the fork seals. Unfortunately these are only available in the kit form that ran $65. Per side. I don’t know this as fact, but I can’t imagine the seal itself is more then $15 - $20. I was able to source them from victory parts pro and the Vic shop. Yes I had to order them twice……………..don’t ask.
If you deal with a dealer that still carries Victory parts, they have the availablity to expedite shipping from Polaris & ship to you quickly. Obviously there is added costs for expedite shipping to the dealer and to you. We do it all the time at our dealership. As far as the fork seal kit, it includes seals, dust covers, bushings etc. Not just a fork seal, thats why they are $65.00.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you deal with a dealer that still carries Victory parts, they have the availablity to expedite shipping from Polaris & ship to you quickly. Obviously there is added costs for expedite shipping to the dealer and to you. We do it all the time at our dealership. As far as the fork seal kit, it includes seals, dust covers, bushings etc. Not just a fork seal, thats why they are $65.00.
Would be happy to use a dealer, are you allowed per forum rules to share your dealership details?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Give me a call. 603-668-4343 ask for Ed

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
@Davidjack did you try Witch Doctors? If you're just looking for seals, last time I did mine (04 Kingpin) I picked up a set of Moose Seals @ Dennis Kirk. They ship same day and offer expedited shipping but you'll pay a lot for it. Without expedited, it never takes more than two days to get my shipment.

• Agree
Reactions: Smokier104

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Polaris most certainly did not and still does not manufacture forks and/or fork seals. The diameter is one of the most needed bits of information. As has been posted, there are a couple of Victory motorcycle support companies like The Vic Shop, Conquest Customs and @NOEMTZ. Plus there are a few online parts sites. I’ve not used one yet that didn’t allow you to select the shipping method.

Where are you going for your parts, who are you using? If The Vic Shop only offers Ground, try the others.

Also, the supply chain for nearly everything has been a wreck for the last two years. Therefore, anyone who plans on keeping/riding their Victory should be prepared. Keeping ‘normal’ and ‘specific’ replacement parts on the shelf shouldn’t be a question. Having things like filters, bearings, brake pads, cables, a clutch pack, gaskets etc should be SOP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Polaris most certainly did not and still does not manufacture forks and/or fork seals. The diameter is one of the most needed bits of information. As has been posted, there are a couple of Victory motorcycle support companies like The Vic Shop, Conquest Customs and @NOEMTZ. Plus there are a few online parts sites. I’ve not used one yet that didn’t allow you to select the shipping method.

Where are you going for your parts, who are you using? If The Vic Shop only offers Ground, try the others.
Appreciate the feedback and the list of other suppliers. Have used Witchdoctor, really good customer service. I like the YouTube videos witchdoctor has, very informative and entertaining.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Also, the supply chain for nearly everything has been a wreck for the last two years. Therefore, anyone who plans on keeping/riding their Victory should be prepared. Keeping ‘normal’ and ‘specific’ replacement parts on the shelf shouldn’t be a question. Having things like filters, bearings, brake pads, cables, a clutch pack, gaskets etc should be SOP.
If victory/Polaris is outsourcing forks who is the manufacture

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I don’t know and it doesn’t matter. The ID, the OD and the height of the seal is what matters. Seals, like bearings, can be fairly common. The US, Chinese or Japanese manufacturers very seldom sell direct to the end user because they sell through distribution.

Be careful of some of the WD videos. You’d likely not want Jon working on your bike.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Parts are easy to find.
The only issue I've read is the aftermarket belts have a habit of breaking.

Just one brand of seals...

• Informative
Reactions: Smokier104 and KLA

·
Registered
892 Posts
Parts are easy to find.
The only issue I've read is the aftermarket belts have a habit of breaking.

Just one brand of seals...
I have these same seals on my 07 Jackpot. They fit and work great.

To the OP, if your seals are just slightly leaking, you can try a "seal saver tool". Search for info videos on the seal saver tool on YouTube. Also you don't have to buy the tool. You can make one at home from a plastic pop bottle or something of that sort. Might get you back on the road for the time being til your new fork seals come in. I've done it in the past. It works for minor seal leaks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts