VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been stopped everywhere I go by people wanting to ask me about the bike. Yesterday a guy held up traffic in a turn lane to talk to me about how he was switching from a Street Glide to the Cross Country. Today a cop yells to me as he is getting out of his car for lunch to ask how the bike rides.
I've had it for less then a week and have had no less then 5 curious on lookers a day want to find out more info.

I'm thinking Victory hit a homerun with this bike.

Anyone else have similar stories?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I stopped to get something at the grocery store on the way home. When I got off the bike a woman who was coming out to the store said, "Nice bike" and gave me a thumbs up. She kept on looking as she walked toward her car.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Yep , even though the Vision has now been out for a while i still get the same thing.
Get used to it and yes i think they hit a home run also.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hopefully this will happen to me when my XR hits the road next week.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I've gotten a few nods but no real conversations just yet but i expect it

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Last year my wife got all the attention with her bright yellow Spyder. This year during bikeweek at least one person walked right past her Spyder every time we stopped to talk to me about the Cross Country. She was kind of pissed, she liked being the rock star ;)

My guess is I talked to at least 25 people about the bike in 3 days, some for quite a long time as they had a million questions.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
All VIC's get the same treatment....smooth lines get lotsa looks and comments! Funny, I get more HD buddies and HD strangerscheckin' out my ride (closely and noddin' their heads). I hope they all don't start buying...I like being the different one!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Same here,
My riding buddies (on Yami's and Kawi's) are getting tired of all the attention my
XC gets. I haven't grown tired of it.. Hehehehehe!!!
WW

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the rock star effect with my Spyder.

I made some trading cards on my home computer with the pertinent info on them to hand to people - saves lots of time at the gas station, grocery store, restaurant, etc

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

h7wae14t said:
All VIC's get the same treatment....smooth lines get lotsa looks and comments! Funny, I get more HD buddies and HD strangerscheckin' out my ride (closely and noddin' their heads). I hope they all don't start buying...I like being the different one!
+1 with that. I get plenty of comments on the Vegas and the Vision. People see an HD park next to 40 others there is no big deal, but when they see the Vic sandwiched inbetween they always want to talk. Unfortunetely they (for the most part) think it is a new HD...lol
That is one of the biggest things I like about Vic, there arent many of them so you dont have to throw $10k into them immedietely to make them look different.

·
Registered
18 Posts

OMG... the attention I'm getting is funny.Not only do they want to know EVERYTHING about this bike,many of them are just blown away when they realize that a chick is riding it!!! lol
My sweetie rides an HD Streetglide...and he typically is in the back following me. We were leaving a parking lot one day where a police cruiser was parked at the entrance. I left the parking lot, and the guy stopped my partner to ask him about the bikethat just left the parking lot! Asking if it was a New HD! Too funny!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Yep, bike night in Royal Oak me and Starvin Marvin get all the attention. I can park my bike next to 10 Harleys and the crowd always gathers around the Vic :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went for a ride last weekend with a big group that was 90% HD'S. I had a huge crowd around my bike at every pit stop. Had to carry extra towels with me to wipe the drool off. Never had that with any other bike I owned. "GO VICTORY"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, getting many great comments on my xtremeskull series , people love the style and the paint,many ask who did paint unaware its factory paint job,as for me i really like the new scoot ,itsmaking testimony to all the articles ain magazines i had read.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

So I've gotten lots of "sweet bike" comments, one is that a Harley, and a few who makes it? When I answer Victory they look at me and say who is that. I say Polaris on road division & they go OH.
Some work coleagues that have sat on the bike can't believe now light it feels and how well balanced it is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wasn't prepared for the attention -- on the ride home from Georgia nearly everyplace I stopped I got questions and kudos. One lady asked to have her picture taken with it at a rest stop!

While eating at a local restaurant not long ago, I saw a woman leaning out of her car to take pictures of my bike while she was waiting at the drive-thru next-door.

I've had the 'guy holding up traffic' experience too.

These days I get a little bummed if someone doesn't comment on the bike when I'm out riding.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My brother who rides a beatiful HD Road King CVO goes on frequent short rides with me. We usally got equal comments between his CVO and my Pimped out Kingpin. We often sit outside at a Starbucks during ride breaks. Now with my Cross Country, I feel a little bad she gets all of the attention of the people coming and going. I have been nearly mobbed at gas stations. I feel like I have the best looking date at the prom.

Here is a recent post I put up on the VMC about "Why my Cross Country makes me smile."

Well, two days of riding on my Cross Country this weekend I am getting used to the compliments outside of Starbucks and Gas stops. I look at it... I smile. I ride it... I smile. I just got back from riding this evening. I was in no mood to cook so I stopped into a Mickey D's for a Chicken Sandwich. When I came out, a guy and his girlfriend where drooling over my bike. He said a friend of his has a Vegas but he didn't have a bike. (He said with a dejected look on his face.) His girlfriend said "I wish you had a bike, I wanna go for a ride." I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. She asked her BF if it was OK. He said "um... I guess so." I grabbed my 1/2 helmet out of my saddlebag for her(I strategically carry it for such occasions)and off we went. After 10 mins. she called her BF from her cell phone and told him not to wait for her at Mickey D's and that I could drop her off at her house. (Yes...another smile.) We rode for about 45 more mins. and I dropped her off at her house with her imasculated BF waiting in the driveway.

(Sorry Beuler!) She smiled, said thank you and gave me a wink. I rode home with yet another smile on my face.

I love my new Cross Country!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.