VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All-
Well, I have committed myself to leaving the HD products and purchasing a Kingpin. I love the styling and the product appears to be very well made.

I am currently looking at both used and new left-over bikes. For about the same money, I can either get a left-over KP 8ball or an '05 KP loaded up with goodies.

I need some advice from the experienced, particularly regarding the engine and trans.

What is best and why?

Please help!!
Tony

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just bought a 08 kingpin 8 ball this year. I traded in a 05-vegas 8ball. I love the kinpin, everything about it. It is a little slower than my old bike, but this is due to the size of the pulley's. I would go for the left over, I get a lot of HD guys commenting on the blacked out look.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the info!
I ended up getting a 2006 KP with the 100/6.
Low mileage, very nice condition, some extras for
a very reasonable price!
Meanwhile, I found several leftover 08 and 09
KP 8balls for under $11K.
I will post some pics once I get my bike set up
to my liking!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Good bike, I love my 07.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I am hearing much praise for this Freedom 100/6. I understand the engines are loud with mechanical noise, which I hope doesn't become an issue.
How many of you have had such issues, and who thinks they're just rumors?
Where can I get some factory specs/performance/modification info on this bike?
Is there a section on this site I should read? I have looked over the entire Tech Q&A section but don't find it very helpful.
What are the best mods for the buck with this bike? Many items seem to be pretty expensive.
Rick-How do you like your S&S/True Duals set up? How does it run, and how is your fuel mileage?

·
Registered
717 Posts

Smatta,
I have heard all this talk about noisy engines, not here.
The S&S intake is the best money spent that I know of.
Works great with the RPW True Duals.
The duals are by seat of the pants much stronger than Stage One Pipes.
Plus make great noise.
I am a big guy and have been told I ride spiritedly and get over 40MPG.
I do not have much traffic up here, mostly ride in the mountains with lots of corners.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks Rick
I may hold out until I can get the S&S intake and the pipes at the same time.
Without actually trying them or hearing them in person, I would have a tough time deciding between the TrueDuals and a 2into1 pipe. And I understand that the dealer has to do the remap in order for it to be done right. Do you need to replace the stock fuel controller with this set up, or does the stock system work fine? I probably would stay away from the factory stage one pipes...I don't particularly like any of the styles that they offer anyways. Besides, I'd like to run the stock set-up for a while and see whether or not I like it before I go changing anything just yet.
My first mod may be the Mustang seat. I have had the vintage solo and I believe they are very comfortable seats while keeping a stylish look. At $450, they aren't cheap, although I think you can get a solo seat without the passenger seat for under $400.
The other mods that I am interested in are a lay-down plate with lighting, lowering the suspension, and going to a sporty windshield. Those will probably be some of the first mods that I do, $ permitting.
I see you have another victory in the stable as well.....love the Vision, but it is much more than I need for my riding type...I have only been a 'daytripper' thus far. Hopefully that will change once the kids get bigger. How do you like yours?

·
Registered
717 Posts

Smatta,
Love both my bikes.
The Kingpin has a few mods,
Mustang two piece seat with drivers and passenger backrest
S&S Intake
RPW True Duals, work great with S&S download already in the bike
Chrome gas cap
Chrome controls
Ness Lay Down plate
Ness Mirors
No after market fuel controller
Gave a buddy my trunk to use on his TC
If you are ever in this neck of the woods and want to hear or ride the Kingpin, let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.