VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
There are some similarities. They both have wheels, an engine, handlebars etc.

Really though, the high backed seat is about all I see.

• Haha
Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
560 Posts
I believe Motorcycle magazine did a comparison with the old fat bob(or whatever the Harley was called) against the judge and the biggest complaint they had is the Harley scrapped parts really early. So with that in mind it looks like they may have done some justice to the reviewers when designing this one.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Now, this hurts my chest to say, but that Harley actually looks halfway decent. Still not good enough for me to consider one. I already supported HD by buying HD prescription eye glasses. That's enough money for them

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
IMO they look nothing alike. The front end on the fat bob is more so like the Kingpin and hammer. Push rods on the motor of the fat bob, stainless heat shields, 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust and the rear fender is completely different. What do you see that makes them look the same ?

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
I can see a slight resemblance in the seat. Make that just the top part of the seat. Everything else looks different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMO they look nothing alike. The front end on the fat bob is more so like the Kingpin and hammer. Push rods on the motor of the fat bob, stainless heat shields, 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust and the rear fender is completely different. What do you see that makes them look the same ?
Maybe it's just that first glance and the seat sticks out as very similar. Don't get me wrong. I think the HD is a good looking bike. And sure there are major engineering and technical differences but the stance, geometry, tires, look similar. We look at our bikes all day but I bet my sister wouldn't know which one was mine!

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
...the rake if different, the wheel base is different, fenders are totally different, the vic gas tank has more curve ...I like the HD exhaust though : just a similar seat is what i see

·
Registered
560 Posts
What the killer is the seat height on the fatbob. 27" almost 28" and they expect people to flat foot that thing that aren't 6' tall idk about that lol (keeping in mind the super wide primary).

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
What I see in the original two pics is the likeness of my 1973 Honda 750 4 cylinder to a friends at the time, 1973 Harley whatever it was......

·
Registered
92 Posts
yeah, I...............don't see it either. lol I believe you have a very vivid imagination.

the only thing that looks "strangely similar" to me, are the seats. outside of that, I don't see it.

View attachment 322513 View attachment 322505 Anyone notice that the new HD fatbob looks strangely similar to a Victory Judge? IDK but you never see them in a room together. Just sayin....

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Looks more like a Vmax to me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
To be honest HD is going after Vic owners way more than Indian with the new designs.
Before buying a new 2016 Vegas, I test rode a 2018 Fat Bob S. The Fat Bob S did have a similar feel to the Judge but its throttle response was much more sensitive. And size wise feels closer to a Broadwalk. With the new softails being designed very much like a Victory, it made more sense to buy a new Vegas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.