VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Trunk Steering part Automotive design Personal luxury car
My wife has been complaining of a hot seat even though I'm sure the heating control is set to off. I took the seat off to disconnect the seat all together, ( I can always reconnect it later when riding by myself when it's too cold for my wife to ride, ) and I find this big open hole!
What's it for? Is there a plug I need to get from the dealer? No wonder her butt was hot! The road temperature gets up to over 100 degrees on a regular basis where we live.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
The rear of the seat mount fits inside there. You can cover it from the inside with something perhaps but if you cover the outside, you won't be able to reinstall the seat.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rear of the seat mount fits inside there. You can cover it from the inside with something perhaps but if you cover the outside, you won't be able to reinstall the seat.
Thanks! Doesn't seem like the best design to me. Heat, dirt and water can get in there. You would think there would be a pocket there that could hold the seat while sealing this area off from the elements.
Anyway, I called Polaris to complain. They said this is a critical flaw and they will stop production immediately!
Go figure. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
That's good. I've not seen a decent vehicle produced by that Iowa plant in months, literally!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I covered mine with duct tape and forced the seat tab thru it. Tried to get some kind of a seal to help keep the dust from coming thru. I live on gravel roads. I don't think it helped.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
That's good. I've not seen a decent vehicle produced by that Iowa plant in months, literally!

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
The first time I took the seat off, just after bringing it home and buying a backrest for the bike, I saw that big square hole and immediately put duct tape over it. Then as fast as I put it on, I removed it because the seat couldn't be seated. Live and learn. Try using that furnace insulation with fiberglas insulation backed onto heavy aluminum foil. Cut to size. I have it under my seat. Can't say it helps reflect the heat very much but maybe it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.