VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
74 days until the worlds largest biker rally and I'm starting to get excited. So I'm wondering:
  • Who's going
  • Where are you riding from
  • Where are you staying
  • Is there a VOG meet and great so that members can meet face-to-face
  • Is there a VOG ride that we go on
To answer some of my own questions:

Yes I'm going
Riding (no trailer) from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area
Staying at the Buffalo Chip for the 1st time

Looking forward to the responses.

·
Registered
153 Posts
im going this year. Riding From Toronto on the Friday and camping at the broken spoke for the week. This will be my first year goin to the rally. I think the Victory riders association has a sponsored a ride and bbq every year. Im pretty sure im gonna have a blast.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Planning on going next year. It will be my first time to experience riding on the mainland. Renting, not shipping the bike. Packing light and taking a tent. Should be fun.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Going this year, group of six riding from Sacramento. Leaving 8/2, returning 8/18. Plan on taking the "long" way there. staying at the Shady Grove, or Shady something ashave donein years past.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm hoping to go, need to find someone to come along. Couple we went with last year is expecting that week and other riding buddies either moved or are overseas for work.
Usually bring the camper, I've ridden and tented enough years to know I enjoy having a bed and kitchen while there. Usually stay at Lamphere Ranch, inexpensive and clean. Within stumbling distance of Full Throttle is nice too. Coming from Mandan, ND

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Can't make it this year...too many things in the hopper. Its on the bucket list though very soon.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

I will be trailering with the friend I rode out with last year. Leave Chicago area on Thursday night 8/5 and should be there late Saturday sometime. Will drive Thurs a few hundred miles then Friday drive to Fedora, SD to stay with his relatives and head out Saturday to a rented home in Hill City, SD. (house is 1.2 miles off the main road up about 500 feet elevation on a gravel road with 2 switchbacks..a fun time on the bike) Near Lake Pactola Resevoir. Will head home Probably the next Friday or early Sat AM. Hopefully home by mid Sunday.
Post up an idea for a meet place once you get a grip on geographically where everyone will be so as to meet in the middle or an easily accesible meet place (Rice Vic in Rapid City?) and let's see what happens.
Should be as many as 10 of us at the house.
(Dean &Mark, you may want to contact GV about next yearmaybe?)

·
Registered
399 Posts

I headed there, trailering from Georgia. Also planning a trip to Pidgeon Forge TN. to take a shot at the Tail of The Dragon, weather permitting (we got rained out last year).
Rice Honda/Suzuki/VICTORY would be a good place for me. Plus, ya never know when that new set of gloves is gonna demand you buy them.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
PrometheusVII said:
I headed there, trailering from Georgia. Also planning a trip to Pidgeon Forge TN. to take a shot at the Tail of The Dragon, weather permitting (we got rained out last year).
Rice Honda/Suzuki/VICTORY would be a good place for me. Plus, ya never know when that new set of gloves is gonna demand you buy them.
Last year Rice had a Vic day. Factory truck and that was the roll out of the Cross bikes.
Just a thought to those who haven't been there before (last year was my first and a lesson learned) be sure to bring your warm jacket or layers in addition to lighter weight stuff as the weather varies pretty much on where you are in "the area"

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also highly recommend putting bottled water in you saddle bags because it gets hot as hell out there.
And get ready for at least one day of the worst weather you have ever seen, last years hailstorm was no joke!

The irony is that two of the guys I was camping with went to the gas station to get ice 3 minutes before the hailstorm, one of the main reasons I was excited about the weather-band on the XC radio.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Im going. I was there for last years wonderfull weather. Luckily I didn't get caught in any of it. We were in by 5 every day.
Ill be riding from Tucson, AZ to Casper, WY to meet with my dad then ride up. He has been going every year since 1982.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i'll be going for my first sturgis rally, trailering from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and camping.
haven't decided on a campground yet, was waiting on the different bands lineup.
would be nice to meet up with u guys if a site and time is confirmed. rice victory sounds good to me. keep us posted on that.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Because of the road we had to ride up to the house we were usually back by 5-5:30. We were on the deck of the house and watched that storm roll in but only got a few big drops ourself.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I received this from Rice:

We just found out this week that Victory will not have the Victory lunch at
our dealership this year ( It will be at the Buffalo Chip ). With that news just getting
to us yesterday we have not planed any ride as of yet. we were thinking of starting a ride to
Hulett Ham and Jam Wednesday August 11th .but have nothing solid yet. If you know of any one
that has other ideas please have them contact me.

thanks

Rice Honda Suzuki - Victory

www.ricehondasuzuki.com

So I guess the annual Victory meet and great will be at the Chip. I'm still open to a get together at the Victory shop in downtown Sturgis or where ever us VOG folks would want to meet up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.