VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what all the GUYS on this forum think.

Both me and my husband have the exact same bike 08 Kingpin, its even the same Midnight Cherry.
We didnt plan it, I tried his bike and loved it and asked him to try to find a good deal on one for me.

We had been looking on CL, cycletrader and ebay for several months without finding a good deal on on Kingpin.
Unfortunately I had recently bought a used Honda Sabre and couldnt spend 7000 on a KP.
We were trying to find a good one under 5000, not an easy feat.

Anyway we did find a good deal on one and bought it , it had most of the upgrades I wanted to add already on the bike. The only issue with it was that it is the same color as my husbands. This is fine for me and I think its kind of cool but my husband thinks it is corny and would have preferred if mine was a different color.

My female friends dont see any problem but many of the men seem to agree with him and think its corny.

So -- corny ? embarrassing ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
[QUOTE) we did find a good deal on one and bought it , it had most of the upgrades I wanted to add already on the bike.[/QUOTE]

The bike was the same color at the time of purchase- No issues
The bike was within the budget - No issues

Tell him to add some graphics or pinstriping to it to change it up a little.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Yeah, but we've been voted "cutest biker couple" several times.

We attend many of the same events together, so we have a lot of matching t shirts. And, yes, it does help me find my wife in a crowd.

It's OK, @VicVisionBulldog , you'll understand some day, boy. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
Yeah, but we've been voted "cutest biker couple" several times.

We attend many of the same events together, so we have a lot of matching t shirts. And, yes, it does help me find my wife in a crowd.

It's OK, @VicVisionBulldog , you'll understand some day, boy. :biggrin:
I try to get my wife to dress down. I love a girl in a T shirt and cap but she always wants to wear something "cute." So if I start matching my wife were gonna have some issues in the ranks.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Well, as you can tell, I have no issues with it. I would be happy to have my wife ride her own bike if she wished. If they matched, no problem. We're a couple, I like that. And, whatever makes her happy is fine with me.

We still retain our identities and there's no confusion regarding our roles or personalities. Your bikes, your choice. Ride em safe.

• Winner
Reactions: parker3 and Trout

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
@builderswife , I was thinking a little more about your question, and considering some of my past as it relates.
My ex used to "dress" us, but it wasn't the fun kind of stuff. She was into status and we bought much of her wardrobe at Neiman Marcus (albeit on sale) and I had exotic boots, deer skin shoes, hand made Italian shirts, high priced suits, weighed 170 lbs, wore tennis shorts and nice shirts. Closets full of expensive clothes, always went out dressed well and looking good. And I came to hate it.

By the way, she wouldn't be caught dead on a motorcycle. Also, no fun.

I'm a t shirt and jeans kind of guy. No longer 170 lbs, I don't dress up even for weddings. I gave my suits, ties, clothes to men's shelters and my wife now and I have fun and enjoy life by being ourselves. Although she is free to do as she wishes, she says she's happy not spending much on clothing. Dresses for work, because, well, she's the CEO. Kind of part of the gig, but it's still just nice and not expensive clothing.

So, bottom line. Have fun with it the way you both like. We don't get to have that choice all the time, so make the most of it while you're able. Enjoy!

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
444 Posts
Cant change the way he feels about it but maybe you can change his perspective on things.

A lot of guys dont have "gals" that would even ride with them, let alone have a bike as well....you guys have a passion for cycling and hreat taste in bikes, let it be what it is...my wife wont even ride around the block on the back of my Cross Country...

Then again, perhaps this is his way of trying to get a new paint job for his bike.....maybe!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I actually like the idea. my wife rides with me and we have matching Vic summer jackets. i have no problem with it. It we both rode the same bike, it would show she has great taste in motorcycles.

·
Registered
879 Posts
My wife rides on the back with me and she has the same jacket that I have. Who cares......
I'm just glad she like to ride with me

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let me clarify,

Neither of us thinks its a big deal, We are not really concerned what anyone thinks of us, we were just talking about how views on it seem to be so different between the sexes.
Almost every female Ive asked thinks its cute/fun while most males dont see any fun in it and think its corny. The men would obviously prefer if it were different.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
All of what's been said, **** what other people think, your husband might get some ball busting from his buddies, I would bust his balls...
It shouldn't matter, I'm sure plenty of people have the same bike, look at HD, if ya both had an older black(seems like the only cooler they make most of the time) roadglide, it be the same bike thousands are riding(look at any parking lot they meet in)... Just the kp your riding doesn't come a dime a dozen.

If my wife rode, and had the same bike(s) as me, only thing I'd be concerned with is, she needs to make sure she's getting on the right damn bike!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Trout

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Let me clarify,

Neither of us thinks its a big deal, We are not really concerned what anyone thinks of us, we were just talking about how views on it seem to be so different between the sexes.
Almost every female Ive asked thinks its cute/fun while most males dont see any fun in it and think its corny. The men would obviously prefer if it were different.
"Men" don't use the words cute, and when we get a chance to bust another balls, we jump at the opportunity!!!

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
wondering what all the GUYS on this forum think.

Both me and my husband have the exact same bike 08 Kingpin, its even the same Midnight Cherry.
We didnt plan it, I tried his bike and loved it and asked him to try to find a good deal on one for me.

We had been looking on CL, cycletrader and ebay for several months without finding a good deal on on Kingpin.
Unfortunately I had recently bought a used Honda Sabre and couldnt spend 7000 on a KP.
We were trying to find a good one under 5000, not an easy feat.

Anyway we did find a good deal on one and bought it , it had most of the upgrades I wanted to add already on the bike. The only issue with it was that it is the same color as my husbands. This is fine for me and I think its kind of cool but my husband thinks it is corny and would have preferred if mine was a different color.

My female friends dont see any problem but many of the men seem to agree with him and think its corny.

So -- corny ? embarrassing ?
Keep the 2 bikes EXACTLY the same, do not change a thing
EXEPT give hime a male thing

Torque Tubes
Under Drive Pulley
Timing Wheel
PC 5
Cams

All done by the profecional vic gurus ....

My wife bought me 2 vics without telling me .... Now you can "steal" his vic and "upgrade" his ride a bit ...

I think you call it "pimp your ride" where you live ...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.