VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2016 Vision 3 days befor the Factory closed. Been looking for an iPod adapter, couldn't find one, then read that Radio Sound manufactures our radios, and figured they probably manufactured the connectors as well. I emailed them, and sure enough not only they did they manufacture the Radios but also the iPod connectors, and they had an overstock of them.

$50 shipped from their plant in KY.

Call 1-800-367-4506 to order. Or email them at [email protected].
I recieved mine yesterday, looks good.

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
That's nice to know. I've delt with them a few times. They do good business.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Here's a dumb question.. but I bought my 2014 XC used and it is setup for a ipod. What exactly does it take/would I need to convert that to something that would work with an android device? I have never had nor do I have any interest in a "I-" anything, but it could be nice to hook up something else for music.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Here's a dumb question.. but I bought my 2014 XC used and it is setup for a ipod. What exactly does it take/would I need to convert that to something that would work with an android device? I have never had nor do I have any interest in a "I-" anything, but it could be nice to hook up something else for music.
They make 30 pin converters. That have an aux cable and usb cable hook up. Pretty much would only keep your phone charged and music playing without any integration what so ever.

Here is what I bought from CableJive. However their website is under maintenance so I had to find it else where.

CableJive dockBoss5

There are also bluetooth options out there as well. I've heard they work well, but never tried one myself.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
They make 30 pin converters. That have an aux cable and usb cable hook up. Pretty much would only keep your phone charged and music playing without any integration what so ever.

Here is what I bought from CableJive. However their website is under maintenance so I had to find it else where.

CableJive dockBoss5

There are also bluetooth options out there as well. I've heard they work well, but never tried one myself.
Here is the bluetooth adapter for sale on Amazon.

Amazon.com: CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter for iPhone iPod Bose Docking Stations and Motorcycles.: Cell Phones & Accessories

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Thanks for the link man. I had heard about connecting bluetooth to the ipod connector, just never looked into it.
Does this allow the handlebar controls to do any controls on my phone when it's paired? Do you have to start the music streaming or whatever first? Would it put audio from map programs on the speakers?

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Does this allow the handlebar controls to do any controls on my phone when it's paired?
For the cable system no. As for the bluetooth device I have no clue, but if I was a betting man I'd say the answer would be no as well.

Do you have to start the music streaming or whatever first?
I have an amp with bluetooth installed on my bike. I turn on the bike, then the radio (turning on amp bluetooth), pull my phone out and turn on it's bluetooth, once connect I turn on Spotify. If I don't disconnect from the bluetooth I can turn off my bike it will pause and once I turn the bike back on the music will resume where it left off.

Would it put audio from map programs on the speakers?
Yes google maps will talk to me if I have it running in the background while trying to listen to music. Gets annoying very quick.

Just to reiterate my bluetooth experience is using an amp with active bluetooth. I'm sure that bluetooth dongle would work the same way, but don't quote me on it. I might just have to buy one for the Blue bike to see how it compares to my amp on the black bike. I do get annoyed with commercial radio.

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
Does this allow the handlebar controls to do any controls on my phone when it's paired?
The Coolstream CarPro has that capability. It's $70 on Amazon. Regular Coolstream is $30.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Is there an advantage to going this route over a bluetooth connector? Let’s say I buy the 30-pin connector, attach a patch cable to convert from 30-pin to lightening connector (for my iPhone X), will my handlebar controls work for the music to skip to next tracks?

Also, does anyone know if I can run music/gps into both my uclear headset AND the bikes speakers at the same time?

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
Is there an advantage to going this route over a bluetooth connector? Let's say I buy the 30-pin connector, attach a patch cable to convert from 30-pin to lightening connector (for my iPhone X), will my handlebar controls work for the music to skip to next tracks?

Also, does anyone know if I can run music/gps into both my uclear headset AND the bikes speakers at the same time?
I'm not sure sole the lightning connector question.

Usually a phone will only allow you to stream to one device. I don't think there is a way to send it to two.

What's nice about the Coolstream is if you have a powered 30pin plug the Coolstream will always have power and not need to be charged. I have one in my 08 and it had really worked well. I need to upgrade to the Pro.

Reactions: md2420

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Is there an advantage to going this route over a bluetooth connector? Let's say I buy the 30-pin connector, attach a patch cable to convert from 30-pin to lightening connector (for my iPhone X), will my handlebar controls work for the music to skip to next tracks?

You can use handlebar controls with lightning cable. Use an Apple cable. Knock offs don't work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got my 2016 Vision 3 days befor the Factory closed. Been looking for an iPod adapter, couldn't find one, then read that Radio Sound manufactures our radios, and figured they probably manufactured the connectors as well. I emailed them, and sure enough not only they did they manufacture the Radios but also the iPod connectors, and they had an overstock of them.

$50 shipped from their plant in KY.

Call 1-800-367-4506 to order. Or email them at [email protected].
I recieved mine yesterday, looks good.
Drparkwood, thanks for the info. Been looking for 1 for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
Question: If I purchase this to use instead of my iPod, will it recharge automatically from the bike, just like the iPod?
Yes, as long as your 30pin has power it will keep the Coolstream powered up.

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
634 Posts
If you're looking for this connector they have a few left. $50 each includes shipping and tax. I just ordered one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.