VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you add the cable for the ipod is it just the ipod cord that you need to get or do you need to also get the auxillary audio cord? This is going to be one of my first additions and was just wondering what all is required.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Since the iPod is housed in the right saddle bag you'll need the audio extension cable plus the iPod adapter. I suppose you could come up with a mounting location for the iPod on the faring and forgo the extension cable but it wouldn't be very elegant.

You do not need the Aux cable. In fact, you can only have one or the other connected at any one time.

These are the 2 parts you need:

Audio Cord Extension, 2877197

iPod Cord, 2877195

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! That will be my next upgrade followed by the heated grips! Love this bike!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you still make up and sell the cable? I am assuming this is the cable that you need to plug your I pod into. It needs to be fished from the radio? To to right side saddlebag.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just had my IPOD cord put in and decided to only get the short cord without the auxiliary. I bought a weatherproof leather case and attached it to the side of the frame with strong dbl sided tape. It has a velcro flap on top which opens up so I can access the unit and then close it to keep it out of sight. Granted it is not 100% theft proof. But it is out of sight enough that I feel comfortable with it. By the way... I LOVE having the IPOD tunes now!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I just picked up a used Cross Country this week. I've always loved the style and design of the Victory motorcycles and finally have one of my own.

I'd like to know where I could pick up these cables in order to perform this upgrade to my bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Hello all, I just picked up a used Cross Country this week. I've always loved the style and design of the Victory motorcycles and finally have one of my own.

I'd like to know where I could pick up these cables in order to perform this upgrade to my bike.

Thanks
heres where you can get the iPod cable. Not sure about the extension (I didn't need an extension since I'm on a vision and the cable is in the front cubby)

Polaris Victory Apple iPod Cord Cable 2411287 OEM 30 pin adapter cross country | eBay

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Buy the genuine Apple® brand cable that goes from 30 pin to Lightning connector unless your iPod or iPhone has the 30 pin connector. Guaranteed to allow you to control your music from the handle bar switch. Buy the cheap Chinese one and no control. Your choice.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Trying to figure out something, Do I need the extension to run into the bag? Or is that part already installed on the bike?
If you want the cable to go to the rear bag you'll need the exstention as well as the 30 pin end peice.
I have mine going to the bag, but run a 30 pin plug in blue tooth dongle, and play podcasts directly off my phone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want the cable to go to the rear bag you'll need the extension as well as the 30 pin end piece.
I have mine going to the bag, but run a 30 pin plug in blue tooth dongle, and play podcasts directly off my phone.

Unable to find the audio extension cable anywhere.

Is to possible to plug the 30 pin end piece directly into the head unit and use a blue tooth adapter?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I believe the iPod cable connectors are at the front frame under tank. Normally the cable goes to the hard lowers so you should have enough length to run into fairing and have a Bluetooth adapter plugged into it. If you decide to do that you'll want the more expensive adapter that lets you skip tracks.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I believe it is. The extension was just if you wanted it in the bags. On my XR fairing it came with a pocket for an ipod and I can have it there...just went the other way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, I've tried to order the iPod extension for my 2012 Cross Country from several places with no luck. What are my options?

Can I connect the iPod connection directly to the radio under the fairing?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Extension cable is a rare thing.
Connectors are common anyone can build that extension cable if you are capable of crimping and assembling pin connectors.

You can most likely using the normal length iPod cable put the cable into the fairing. If you plug in one of the advanced Bluetooth adapters (Car Pro? Something pro) then you can have control of next/previous track with any phone. I believe it will have even more advanced features when connected to an iPhone.

The Bluetooth adapter once paired with your phone will be happy to live in the fairing plugged in all the time. It is only powered on with accessory power.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.