VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the standard 3.5mm or 1/8" tip ring sleeve stereo connector currently wired from the factory on my bike. I am interested in purchasing the iPod cable, but I am not sure if it will work for me or not. I have an iPod Touch (2nd Generation). I have heard that the iPod cable will not work on certain models of iPod. Can anyone verify that the 2nd generation iPod touch will work with the accessory cable and does it charge the battery also??? Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You need the second generation Victory iPod cable for the 2010. Make sure you buy the one for the 2010. It's a different part number than the 2nd gen 08-09 cable. You want the one that sells for $100, not the one for $50.

Here is the part number:

Item #: 2877195

·
Registered
331 Posts
atom12 is correct. I had the original cable, hooked up my ipod and it would not work. I finally googled the problem and determined the solution, the new cable. It works and it charges. However, you should not use the touch because it has a rotating hardrive ( I think) and it will wear out fast using it on your bike. It has to do with vibration and being so close to spark plugs in the vision glove box. I have the nano which does not have a rotating hard drive....works like a dream.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. From my understanding the touch does not have the rotating hard drive, so it should be fine. I have ordered the cable, so now I am awaiting its arrival.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have been experiencing an issue with my ipod on my 08 Street it keeps muting itself - is this a problem with the ipod, cable or the vision. Kind of hard to tell because it inconsistent. Any suggest - the 2010 cable looks different than the current wiring I have.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.