VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this today and it seems that Suzuki is getting creative in marketing its Boulevard lineup with a new promotional campaign.

While we may sometimes scratch our heads wondering where Suzuki cruisers fit into the marketplace, it seems that they have an idea on the market they are targeting.

Comments?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Great web ads (okay I am a little bias). They really have a good fit in the market. We all know Suzuki's bread and butter is sport bikes, but there cruiser catch the eye of new riders. Suzuki has been the king of pricing, if you walk into a dealer right now you can walk out with an 09 C50 for under 6k. Where else can you get a bike with the same power to weight ratio as a Fatboy for that price and it is the equal size.
Suzuki is geared up to catch the new rider (or rider that hasnt riden for awhile) give them a good price to get in and the ability to move up. Brand loyalty is number one when it comes to bikes, if you get someone on the first one they are probably buying a second one.
While Yamaha and Kawasaki sales of cruisers have been down quite a bit Suzuki only slipped 12% which isnt bad in this market.

·
Registered
657 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Great web ads (okay I am a little bias). They really have a good fit in the market. We all know Suzuki's bread and butter is sport bikes, but there cruiser catch the eye of new riders. Suzuki has been the king of pricing, if you walk into a dealer right now you can walk out with an 09 C50 for under 6k. Where else can you get a bike with the same power to weight ratio as a Fatboy for that price and it is the equal size.
Suzuki is geared up to catch the new rider (or rider that hasnt riden for awhile) give them a good price to get in and the ability to move up. Brand loyalty is number one when it comes to bikes, if you get someone on the first one they are probably buying a second one.
While Yamaha and Kawasaki sales of cruisers have been down quite a bit Suzuki only slipped 12% which isnt bad in this market.
Excellent points. Furthermore, their bikes are very reliable. I just got off a Boulevard S50, a good looking 450 lbs, 800cc, cruiser. It can really go and give me very little trouble in +2 years that I rode it. (It's for sale if anyone is interested, $3.900) Their M109r is similar to the Hammer. Wide read tire, fast and handles well. It has a blue and white color scheme similar to the'09Hammer S. It even has a cap over the rear seat like the Hammer. Some of the Suzuki faithful swear that Victory stole the idea from them.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I have a 109r also, the only problem with the bike is the shaft drive. Much like the V-Max a bike with that amount of horse power should not have a shaft, just loses to much power to the ground. But they are reliable!
Blue and white, you have the limited? correct?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's two models:

Suzuki C50T
805cc
$9K MSRP

Suzuki M109R
1,783cc
$14K MSRP

While I haven't ridden these bikes, like other Suzuki models, they appear to deliver a lot of bang for the buck. The prices posted are retail prices and in this market, surely they can be purchased for much less.

·
Registered
326 Posts

I've had 4 Suzukis in the past, back before they were all Boulevards. Very solid bikes.
The move to badging them all as Boulevards seem to help them, give them a direction. Now this promo, they seem to be on the right track.

·
Registered
36 Posts

"It even has a cap over the rear seat like the Hammer. Some of the Suzuki faithful swear that Victory stole the idea from them."
Sorry to inform the zuki faithful but theVictory Hammer came first ....................

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maverick said:
"It even has a cap over the rear seat like the Hammer. Some of the Suzuki faithful swear that Victory stole the idea from them."
Sorry to inform the zuki faithful but theVictory Hammer came first ....................
Sorry, but here's a photo of a 1998 Suzuki GSXR

·
Registered
136 Posts

I ride an M50 and this bike just runs.
I had been off a bike for 16 years and I couldn't have picked a better bike to come back on.
As far as the styling,i get more comments on the unique look of my bike than i can count.They love the "batwing" rear fender and the blacked out look.
That said its almost time to move on up and the next bike should be a victory depending on the job sitution.

·
Registered
36 Posts
KP-Charlie said:
Maverick said:
Sorry, but here's a photo of a 1998 Suzuki GSXR
Oh !I thought we were comparing cruiser's not sport bikes

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Andy said:
Here's two models:

Suzuki C50T
805cc
$9K MSRP

Suzuki M109R
1,783cc
$14K MSRP

While I haven't ridden these bikes, like other Suzuki models, they appear to deliver a lot of bang for the buck. The prices posted are retail prices and in this market, surely they can be purchased for much less.
In actuality you can get out of the door with a C-50T for under 7k and a 109r or cat 10k

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.