VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I got info from my local agent that has been high failure rate of rocker arms on the cylinder heads. Numerous cases in Australia apparently.

I am from Singapore and there is now a Highball now in the workshop that has got this damaged. The mech has advised me to get the replacement parts in hand as I am planning to upgrade my cams, hence can be done at the same time. Also, it would be cheaper and faster if i buy the parts myself. The total cost for the parts is coming up to $555.

pls share if you have heard similar stories before?

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Never heard anything or anyone damaging there camshafts,.

If a victory in Singapore need to replace cams, than it could have something to do with lugging your engine, as the speed limit is 80 km/h, this is definitely very slow for daily use of a victory , better stay in third gear or something like that?

In Indonesia there are about 1000 vics on the road, and the only thing they blow up are the clutches, also a typical case of lugging....

Just put some Lloyd's cams in there for replacement, you can buy them online yourself, if you ask your "shop" to order for you then they mock-up the price again... I dont trust most shop mechanics ....

Start shifting at 3000 RPM or of course higher if you want or like , no need below that 3k RPM shifting .... When you ride on your short highway that only lasts about 10 Km then make sure you don't go below 2500 RPM

EDIT, the Singapore motorcycle mechanics are not very good, 6 months ago I bought 3 tires for my CCT and there was 1 Ducati standing there with the owner, talking about an engine oil change, after they agreed on the price... I couldn't help myself of pointing to the USD leaking seal dripping onto the brake caliper,

Nobody seen that?

Anyway after that they quoting a whole new rebuild.... So I mentioned to SEALMATE the seals first.... I cut one myself and did it for the guy, leak stopped.... But of course the fork oil is to low, nobody bothered....

Welcome to Asia..... PS this is the most famous motorcycle street / building in Singapore....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are terrbile unqualified mechanics in singapore - agreed. Some are literally conman.

Anyway, polaris dealer in singapore has the best reputed mech here. So he actually went to polaris for training. I was going to upgrade to llyodz cams, and which is where he shared about the rocker arms.

But seems like its not a real issue for vics but the mech did share that the front cylinder is developing a light ticking noise.

Thanks for the share guys

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
There are terrbile unqualified mechanics in singapore - agreed. Some are literally conman.

Anyway, polaris dealer in singapore has the best reputed mech here. So he actually went to polaris for training.
I would imagine the Singapore mechanic was trained by the Australian ( who was trained in the USA) victory mechanics , as the flight ticket is only 600 Singapore dollars compairismon to 2000 USD to the USA as this is the case with all the 4 Indonesian dealership mechanics that were trained in 2013 or so, by the Australian mechanic, also the police in Jakarta runs about 100 Victory CCT & Visions so surly they would have graciously failed (or not) some rocker arms or camshafts already.... But they didn't.... Also all the 50 victorys here on our small island did not fail any top-end stuff....

Must be a oil-overfill kinda case ( that can wreck your top-end) or a Mellon engine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.