VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Check out my new Givi travel trunk.
It pops on and off the rear luggage rack in a second.
Holds 4 gallons of milk.
Under $100.

2015 Victory Gunner - Suede Titanium Metallic - 1731cc OHC V-twin
Maximus Techno Research
Victory Performance Stage 1 Straights exhaust system
K&N Hi-Flow air filter
Arlen Ness Black Beveled intake/ignition covers
Arlen Ness Black Vented engine covers
Arlen Ness Black Beveled grips
Victory Dual Instruments/analog tachometer
Victory chrome highway bar
Victory Lock & Ride Low Fly windscreen
Victory Two-Up luggage rack
Givi B29N Travel Trunk
Victory keylock helmet hanger
Victory Red Leather Solo Mission Saddle
Custom Dynamics Cool Magic LED driving spotlights
Spectro synthetic lubricants
View attachment 490401 View attachment 490403 View attachment 490405

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
How does the mount attach to the luggage rack?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How does the mount attach to the luggage rack?
If you look closely at the pic with the trunk removed, the black baseplate is visible. The smaller, inner portion of the baseplate is a cap that snaps into the baseplate and sits level with the plate. It pries out with a screwdriver. See where I'm talking about?
Immediately beneath that cap is a grid that you line up with the rungs on your luggage rack. The kit comes with 4 stainless bolts, with which you affix the grid of the baseplate to your rack. Then you simply snap in the cap, which hides the grid and attachment hardware.
If you logon to Givi.com, there are schematics that illustrate the attachment procedure. Piece of cake.
Now mind you, there are cheaper trunks out there....
Givi is made in Italy.
Top of the line. Air and water tight! I like it, cuz if I'm just going joyriding, I pop it off and go. When I commute to my office, I can stuff my lunchbox and my bicycling gear all in there (I ride a bicycle over my lunch hour).
The most expensive Givi trunks come with brake lights and required wiring.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
My dad has a Givi.. he has a Burgman scooter and a 1300 cruiser and has a base plate for both, so he can swap that trunk from one to the other. If I didn't have the trunk off my KPT that I moved over to my XC I'd have one of those. ON a trip or something you can pop it off as easy as opening it and carry it right in to the hotel room or whatever. They aren't free tho.. damn proud of 'em they are.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Looking good.
Got a side view pic??
Thanks
WW

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Holds 4 gallons of milk. That should be a few pair of socks and under shorts,a few t-shirts, pair of jeans and basic toiletries. It’ll work for a few days on the road with a laundromat stop now and again

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.