Installing Gunner handlebars on 2013 Judge | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Installing Gunner handlebars on 2013 Judge

Discussion in 'Victory Judge' started by hunter3203, Jul 14, 2016.

1. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Judge
    I've had my Judge for just under 6 weeks and am needing to make some changes to make it more comfortable and practical. I found the leaned forward position to be uncomfortable and have been looking for an option to pull the bars back some. While visiting a local dealer I noticed that they had some aftermarket bars on one of their Gunners. I asked if they still had the factory takeoffs. It took awhile but they eventually located the bars and we agreed on a price. So tonight I installed them. I checked out one of Witchdoctor's Youtube videos to understand what all was involved in changing the bars. I'm attaching some before and after pics. I took a quick ride this evening and the new bars are much more comfortable.

Edit - The one thing I had problems with was having enough slack in the various cables and wiring. I ended up rerouting the brake cable including removing the top bracket that holds the cable. I also needed to rerout the the clutch cable. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way for those to be routed or secured in their new positions please let me know.

I should be receiving my new Viking Lamellar Slant bags tomorrow and hope to get them installed this weekend.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  2. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    Nice job. Great photos. I am currently changing my bars on my 2013 judge. I decided to go with the Vegas bars. Did all of the stock cables and brake line work? Thanks

4. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    Is that 106 a factory sticker?

5. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    I believe it is. It was on the bike when I bought it used.

6. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    Thanks. They did with some rerouting. I've got a pic that shows the cables from above. Hopefully you'll get an idea of how the cables/wiring changed. Basically I needed to thread them behind the forks instead of in front of them. Now I'll need to figure a good way to secure them out of the way.

7. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    I had ordered a stock brake line for a Vegas from spiegler just in case the line was a little short. When I do the swap I'll let you know if I come up with something for securing the cables.

When you install the bags I would love to see some photos.

After the handlebars my next upgrade is going to be the rear shock. The bike scrapes way to easy for me.

Thanks again.

8. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    Thanks. I'll do another thread for my saddlebag install. They actually just arrived a bit ago. They look great and I'm looking forward to seeing them on my bike.

As for the shock, it's my understanding that the Kingpin and other steel frame models that haven't been lowered have a stock shock this is 1" longer in the rear. That should both give you more clearance and more suspension travel. I'm interested in that as well. But the replacement cost is kind of ridiculous. I'm going to keep my eye out for a takeoff or used one. I'd also love to put the inverted forks and dual disk setup from the Kingpin or Hammer on mine as well.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  9. Etroze86

Etroze86 Active Member

Judge
    You could also find a vegas rear wheel and put a 180 radial on there and get that extra inch of ride height.

10. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    I don't know about the kingpin but I do know the hammer shock is taller. I'm going to go with either a penske or a progressive. If you go with the penske, conquest customs sets them up for your weight.

11. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    What size is the Vegas rear wheel?

12. Etroze86

Etroze86 Active Member

Judge
    Its an 18 so there is a ton more options for radials out there. As soon as I can get around better I am making the swap. I believe the tire size is 180/55R18.

13. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    Thanks. Let me know how the swap goes and how the bike rides after.

14. Figmint

Figmint Member

Victory judge

I have been thinking about the handle bars some too. I had forward control on it from day 1 and thinking about going 2 more inches. But also debating the handlebars after doing a little reading.

15. apples

apples New Member

2015 judge
    I bought my judge new from the dealer with the gunner bars already on . When I first looked at the bike I knew I would have issues with the stock bars as my reach wasent long enough . They had the bars all changed ready for my test ride and I bought the bike with them on . Stock cables where used and the bike rides great and is a really comfortable position