VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I see a need for this, I thought I would see what others think and if everyone agrees, then I would be willing to upload all that I have. What is everyone's thoughts about having a generalized repertoire of pdf files describing various installation of accessories? I know from my point of view, I keep them all, in case I need to "un-install" and "re-install" anything. Currently, I sure could use a pdf of the trunk rack installation sheets - that by the way.... didn't come with the trunk rack I rec'd in the mail today. Might anyone have such a beast?
Thanks-
Russell

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think that's a great idea.I just got my 2002 V92 so I haven't done much installing yet so no install files.I do put all my reference info such as the shop and parts manual on a thumb drive and carry it on the bike.If I'm on the road and have a problem and have access to a computer it could come in handy.The install files would be added to the drive also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rus, great idea. I'm wondering... do you have anything about the audio setup? I didn't order a CB w/ mine, then discovered that you can't get audio to your helmet without it! Then I found the cost of this little item... I can't justify $700 for an audio out for my helmet.

So... I'm thinking about some delicate surgery and getting the audio from the speakers, or even better yet, finding a hoped for aux out from the audio system so that I can snake some wires and attach a a output for my helmet.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Greetings Joe,
That's a good question! I don't have the pdf for CB install as I wanted the intercom and it happened to come with the CB. I must say too, that I was pleasantly surprised when I found out the Icom also pumped tunes to the knoggen - a very nice touch indeed!!!! Now, there is a possibility too that the service manual has enough info for you to work this magic:) Of course, you'll have to mod the wiring to the headset, but that shouldn't be to difficult :) Do you have Pando running on your computer? If so, I can send the information that may help you. Drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll fire it off to you. If you don't know about Pando, do check it out. You are not limited to the 20Mb file size most email servers set, but rather 1Gb file sizes - or 2Gb file size if you opt to pay. I don't send and all below 1 Gb, so I opted for the free version. Works GREAT!!! Let me know here if you're interested and then I'll check my hotmail account for your address. I'm sure you'll getterdone!!!
Cheers,
Russell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.