VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't. Maybe someone at Kuryakyn doesn't like the Vision.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, would like to have one to add a little bling to my VV, but would hate to spend the money and then find out there is some reason (maybe having to do with the hydraulic clutch) that it will not fit. I am not real smart so need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
The clutch will be above it, I don't know about the brackets for the slave cylinder on the hydraulic but if it utilizes the same mounting holes as the cable, it should fit just fine. I can snap a pic of mine above, maybe help you decide if it'll fit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I can snap a pic of mine above, maybe help you decide if it'll fit."

That would be great if it is not too much trouble. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I don't think the pics will help as much as I hoped. I have additional chrome piece across the back as well and had to remove the key relocation to get a decent look at it, but maybe you can tell if it will work. Chrome doesn't photograph well. But I am thinking the short length of cable here on mine would be about the same as yours and if you use the same bracket mounts, I bet it'll fit just fine.

Notice the back of the cover is just at the same line of my cable. If I didn't have that other cover, it would be wide open. Maybe if I can find a pic of the hydraulic setup I can compare as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really appreciate the pics. Based on what you have shown me, I think I am going to order the piece. Pretty sure it will be good. Again, thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Anytime.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Is that standard on the Vision? If so, that side panel and black panel will be in the way. In the photo by @jmstang302, the red tab and black plastic may be able to sit above or even on the cover. If it'll rub, maybe some foam weatherstripping attached to the plastic will prevent rubbing and noise from bouncing. But judging from this photo, I would be a little wary about it fitting properly (but I'd try anyway). Then there is the option of notching the chrome cover as well, but then you'd leave yourself open for rust and flaking of the chrome.

Worst case, it won't fit at all and you have to resell it (probably easy enough for what you end up paying for it). I bought mine from a seller here but only ended up paying about $70+shipping but they were easily available then, and parts are becoming rarer. Maybe ask J&P about their return policy as well. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Reactions: jmstang302

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
@Prestaged I think both panels on your bike are plastic. You should be able the easily clearance them with some 120- 180 sand paper.

The panel under the seat can be easily removed. There are 2 plastic push rivets where the left and right panels meet under the seat. Pull the center pin out of the rivet and then the rivet will come out. Open the left saddlebag and carefully pull the cover out of the rubber grommets.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If anyone is interested, I finally ordered one of these covers. It would have gone on but would have created a little stress on the clutch slave cylinder assembly that I was not comfortable with. So I cut about 1½" of that end off the chrome cover, which included one of the three fasteners. With it installed the plastic bodywork covers the cut end. Looks nice, I think. But what do I know.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.