VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Start selling them as accessories, you can even get chrome lids, I'm seeing $$$ for you. How does it stay on? Maybe a little foam tape on the inside.

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Just be sure to remove the Krylon sticker before you try to sell them! :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Yea I know, I am a mongrel, but!!!!! It would not be as inexpensive as it looks as I would have to buy a rattle can of paint just to obtain the lid..... I have no use for any paint at the moment thus it would be a waste of time for me to purchase this item, not real cheap here those paint cans......... Oh! by the way I like it, good thinking.....

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't know what the brake fluid reservoir for the rear brake on a CC looks like but it must be pretty bad if you think a paint cover from a rattle can looks better.
I think it looks like somebody put a paint can cover on their bike.
Just my opinion, it's your bike and if your happy that's all that matters.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't know what the brake fluid reservoir for the rear brake on a CC looks like but it must be pretty bad if you think a paint cover from a rattle can looks better.
I think it looks like somebody put a paint can cover on their bike.
Just my opinion, it's your bike and if your happy that's all that matters.
It looks like someone peed in a cup with a lid. I keep thinking relocating that reservoir inside the chin.

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Stop !!! Step away from the bike. Don’t look at that area anymore. Just ignore it. It’s not that bad ! Stop !

Dammmmm is it riding season up north yet !

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yes Vic it is finally riding season up here in the north country.
Only missed a month and a half of the riding season :banghead:

Reactions: slickvic and Cayoot

·
Registered
226 Posts
I stuck some chrome trim from the auto store on both fenders. I'm going to experiment putting it around the tight bend in the front fender so it will look more finished. I wrapped some safety wire around the pins on the passenger floorboards. The turnbuckle to adjust the clutch is butt ugly so I cover it with a piece of electrical loom. Also, I wrapped the front brake lines with electrical tape. The black looks much better than the stock color.

View attachment 468753 View attachment 468761 View attachment 468769 View attachment 468777 View attachment 468785

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I stuck some chrome trim from the auto store on both fenders. I'm going to experiment putting it around the tight bend in the front fender so it will look more finished. I wrapped some safety wire around the pins on the passenger floorboards. The turnbuckle to adjust the clutch is butt ugly so I cover it with a piece of electrical loom. Also, I wrapped the front brake lines with electrical tape. The black looks much better than the stock color.

View attachment 468753 View attachment 468761 View attachment 468769 View attachment 468777 View attachment 468785
TechFlex works great for brake lines, wiring harness, etc. improves the look and protects the lines or wires. It is made kind of like Chinese handcuffs. Push it together and it expands increasing the diameter so it will fit over connectors or the ends of hydraulic lines. Then pull the ends away from each other and it shrinks back down (smaller diameter) to the size of the line or wires. I used a lot of it on my M109 build and I have used some on my Magnum also. Use some heat shrink on the ends to secure it.

They also make some that is split lengthwise for aplications where you can't, or don't want to remove the item you are covering. I've used it before too. Works and looks just as good. Here is a picture of the line on my magnum's hydraulic clutch, to give you an idea.

View attachment 468825

View attachment 468833

View attachment 468841

·
Registered
226 Posts
I made a trans cover for my deceased CR. It was cheap, easy to do, and covers the hole with all the ugly wiring. I made a cardboard template then cut some plexi I had and painted it satin black. The cover melted and bowed some but I still think it's better than the wiring and dirt showing. I didn't want anything chrome there.

View attachment 471129 View attachment 471137 View attachment 471145

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.