VOG Forum banner

Indian still in Pursuit

9345 139
Did anyone get theirs yet?

Ordered in mid March, now nearly the end of April and still showing 'scheduled'.

I know the whole supply chain line, but you'd think at 5+ weeks they'd at least have an idea on when it will be built.
Reactions: KeepRidin!
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Guess I'm a relic in a "modern" world, but there's no way I'm buying something involving that much money that I can't take home with me the same day. I just move on. If everyone did that, I bet they'd find a way to get them to the showroom.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Guess I'm a relic in a "modern" world, but there's no way I'm buying something involving that much money that I can't take home with me the same day. I just move on. If everyone did that, I bet they'd find a way to get them to the showroom.
There are 190 listed on Cycle Trader
76 Darkhorse, 88 Limited.

You can go pick one off of the floor at many dealerships but if you want it built to order, you have to wait for them to slip you in-between the thousands of pre-orders for dealer inventory. However, you're likely subject to paying a market adjustment price because inventory of anything these days is limited to impossible to find.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The eagle has landed!
Only thing I don't like is the unnecessary "Pursuit" on the hard lowers. The hard lowers and trunk make that fixed fairing fit in much better visually than the old Challenger. Enjoy! :)

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Is it a vinyl or is it clear coated over? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Picking her up this afternoon, will give it a good breaking in this weekend!!
Most happy that after all these ridiculous months of waiting it finally arrived, and that it proves to be worth the wait. I predict it will. I got to look over a base black model a couple weeks ago in Laura, OH, just down the road from me about 6 miles and was most impressed.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Dealer contact me last Thursday(9/15) telling me it had shipped. I corrected him and told him the Indian website showed it shipped 9/2.

Then I went on to tell him it was complete BS that another local dealer showed 6 on their floor, 2 of which where the premiums' like mine.

Friday he sends me a text saying their holding company has possession of the bike. This dealership has a remote location about 20 miles away that does their assembly for them. They then send to the dealer who supposedly does a secondary pre-delivery check.

Told me they should have it sometime this week.

It's been way less than a pleasant experience on many many levels.

Still don't know what I'm going to do at the final minutes. If they still offer me for my HD what they offered me in the spring I'll probably do the deal since it's more than I paid for it when I bought and I got a few years of maintenance only costs of riding.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Dealer contact me last Thursday(9/15) telling me it had shipped. I corrected him and told him the Indian website showed it shipped 9/2.

Then I went on to tell him it was complete BS that another local dealer showed 6 on their floor, 2 of which where the premiums' like mine.

Friday he sends me a text saying their holding company has possession of the bike. This dealership has a remote location about 20 miles away that does their assembly for them. They then send to the dealer who supposedly does a secondary pre-delivery check.

Told me they should have it sometime this week.

It's been way less than a pleasant experience on many many levels.

Still don't know what I'm going to do at the final minutes. If they still offer me for my HD what they offered me in the spring I'll probably do the deal since it's more than I paid for it when I bought and I got a few years of maintenance only costs of riding.
If it helps at all the bike is amazing and worth it IMHO.
Plant Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Tried twice now, changes won't SAVE. They can shove this new format.
Been using it for years on other forums. Hopefully you can figure it out.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Been using it for years on other forums. Hopefully you can figure it out.
Ya well this forum looks EXACTLY like Indianmotorcycles.net forum and don't like it either. Frankly I can't tell which one I'm on unless I look closely. I hit SAVE and it doesn't save, using a Samsung S9+, not spending my life on it.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts