VOG Forum banner

Indian still in Pursuit

9349 139
Did anyone get theirs yet?

Ordered in mid March, now nearly the end of April and still showing 'scheduled'.

I know the whole supply chain line, but you'd think at 5+ weeks they'd at least have an idea on when it will be built.
Reactions: KeepRidin!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wonder why in the hell he got his in 2 weeks yet over a month for me and not even a build date.

Wonder if it's a color combo thing since I got the darkhorse with the premium package and black.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Their trying to help you save miles on it, bikendad should b getting his soon if am thinking right, I rarely think right though so is that
Wisconsin helps me save miles on it. So far I've had my bikes out twice. Nicest day was 77 so far. Most days have been rainy and cold.

Today is was 25 degrees with chance of rain snow mix

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So I got thru to Kelly @Indian customer service and she checked with production. She said I will have or it will be shipped my Pursuit Darkhorse Premium by the first 2 weeks of July. I ordered 3/04 and was told end of April at the time I placed my order.
Well I ordered mine right around the same date, Dark Horse with Premium Package Black Smoke.

I've had one text from my purchasing dealership about the bike which was last Wednesday. I find that unacceptable as well.

You'd think with the way everything is they'd be a little more proactive. Dealers have to be hurting from lack of product to sell. Even if they can't give a definitive answer(i'm guessing the July date is a bunch of BS as well) they should be reaching out and saying we're doing our best but blah blah blah.

Also the various dealerships(mostly automotive) gouging customers with 'market value pricing' ie we're charging an extra $5000+for your car because we can right now should be remembered when/if the world gets back to normal.

I really dislike the thought of getting a new bike and starting the warranty clock ticking halfway thru our riding season. There's a chance that if it comes in mid July or later I may just pass it off to someone else and try again next year.
\

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You could save a ton of money by simply going the CCT route with a 117" kit.
It's hard to justify spending that kind of money on a dead brand. I unloaded all 3 of Victory's within 6 months of Polarass shutting down the brand.

Do I regret it? Only to that fact that my FLHTK doesn't have the storage, handling or suspension that my Victory's had. The plus is HD's are still being made, the M8 motor in my 107 flavor is comparable to the Victory 106 so it only took HD a dozen years to catch up motor wise lol.

But I like touring bikes, I need servicing dealers in areas that I travel and that is a dwindling resource for Victory's. I bought my last new Victory in 2012 and sold it in 2017 with over 70,000 miles on it. I also live in the Midwest so I've got a 5-6 month riding season at best. I don't have time to waiti for parts etc. The guy that bought it from me put another 10,000 then starting having little issues with it and decided to sell and bought himself a low mileage Vision but he mostly drives around the state.

Sure I'd buy one and make it a zip code bike but I still need something to travel with. I'm not interested in being in Yellowstone, having a breakdown(which eventually will happen) and having to spend $1000 to tow a bike one way home to get it fixed. I've already got a 60 year old BMW that does that for me.

The window between production, shutdown and possible collector status is a long one.

While Indian dealerships are as far and few in between at least(theoretically) servicing dealers and parts are readily available.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you gotta go new and it has to be Harley the ST RG sure has caught my eye. $30k is better than $40k with room to add a trunk. I'm done with Polarass…….
I wanted to be done with them and while I'm on the Ultra limited vs the Road Glide the weak point is still the suspension.

The M8 is actually quite impressive for a HD offering and wakes up easily with cams/tune like the 106's do.

While I don't want to buy Polarass again it's a 'last ditch effort' to continue to ride and offer my wife some comfort with her medical problems. The HD still suffers from poor suspension travel where the Indian offering is very close to what the CCT/Vision platform does.

If we find she's still unable to ride consecutive long distances it'll go up for sale and it'll be the RV life for us at that point.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The Harley Touring line up has still to this day created disappointing results in mostly suspension. Then there's audio, infotainment. And finally power. I have 3 friends that bought new Harleys this year. All CVO or larger displacement M8 SG / RG bikes. All are large men that ride 2 up. They can't believe Honey and I are still riding an 11 yr old Cross Country.
( with enhancements mind you ) one of which is an adjustable shock link. They have all gone to events and tied up their bikes with vendors for a day instead of riding to tweak suspensions and audio. Some for power enhancements. It's amazing the money they pour into these bikes. Then come away more disappointed than when they started because the gain did t justify the cost. What's worse than that? If you got it I guess spend it.
Gotta have new? Don't care about the money? Then the Pursuit is the best bet for your performance $$$. Or simply ride a Victory and really be ahead to enjoy some of the other fine things in life …… like a Muscle car ? Or a boat…. Or modifying your Vic some more or …… yes buying another Victory !
I don't know where these guys are getting their performance work done but obviously not the right places. The HD 114 makes more power than the Indian 116(hp/tq) depending on who's dyno and what day.

The M8 motors wake up easily and about as cheaply as our 106's do. In my parts a large developer called Fuel Moto will take my 107 to 124, installed, dyno tuned, choice of cams for $3k out the door. Not bad considering a set of cams installed and tuned at the various shops will run you nearly half that.

That all being said, the 108" motor has impressive stock numbers and my days of dropping $800 on a set of pipes to make the engine noise a bit louder are behind me(well maybe not we'll see).

It still boils down to me that I want to be able to load up and ride 2000 miles away and not worry about parts if something breaks down. Reality is it's not overly likely but it can happen and with all these supply chain issue claims a new bike could be just as prone to waiting should something go wrong.

The new bikes are stupidly expensive but I just paid 4.999 to fill the tank on my Ultra, $12 for a steak that I still need to cook, $30 for a generic polo style work shirt, $60 for basic sneakers everything over the last 18 months has gotten expensive.

I'm glad I was able to take advantage of the hot housing market and sell a rental home for more than twice what I paid for it last year. Probably could've gotten more if I waited.

Look at the upside the guys like me that buy the new bikes and only keep them for 5 or 6 years make it easier for others to get into the hobby later on by selling the depreciated bikes.

If it makes you feel better though I'm still cruising around in a 2005 Trailblazer that refuses to give up the ghost. I had two newer cars but one went o my son who graduated and needed wheels for work and the other was a Camaro convertible that I bought, drove for 4 years and sold for what I paid for it(minus a few improvements I made to it).

I'm not dumb with my money but as I age I'm less interested in saving and leaving it to my kids as I am enjoying the fruits of my labor.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
A few local dealers have Pursuits in stock.

Not darkhorse and not premium.

However if Polarass(or my dealer) thinks that I'm going to put down $34k, another $900 in freight, $450 in setup fee by the dealership in September in Wisconsin they're smoking something that they need to share with me.

I guess it's what I get for giving them another chance. I considered purchasing one of these other models on the showroom floor but decided that I want the one I ordered. Don't see the need to settle.

Also with my luck if I signed the dotted line my bike would get delivered before the ink even dried.

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I hear that bro, tempted to tell them to stick the bike where the sun don't shine when it shows! Wouldn't it be awesome if HD came out with a Tour bike that was outstanding in the meantime!!!
They can, they just need to fix their suspension travel, wheelbase and rake.

Then take their Pan America motor, stroke to 108" or so and they'd have a bad ass bike to offer.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Well it just keeps getting better. Kelly in customer service was working with me and had me send her pics of bikes with July ship dates that ordered in April. I sent pics with names and said thank you! That was last week, she was supposed to be checking into it. Now silence, no response, ghosted! Guess I'm just supposed to lay down for people that ordered a month and more after me getting their bikes 2 months before me!! This is starting to now be a matter of principal and that's not a good thing with me.
I agree 100%. How they're picking who gets what/when/why is rather confusing. I joined some of the facebook groups to follow along.

I'm kind of amazed how many people drink the brand kool-aid.

A few local to me dealerships actually have non premiums, non darkhorse on their showroom floor. It's tempting to go look at one but it's really not the trim package I want.

The nice thing is I have the option to pull out of buying the bike at any given time.

If they start shipping premium dark horse models to us in the north in late September or early October they're going to have a lot of leftover 22's on the showroom floor to start the 23 riding season.

Maybe I'll be able to get a discount on the bike that way.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
They should deliver bikes that are sold in order sold and wait till late July to put some in showroom in Sturgis for rally.
Never gonna happen.

All companies like this want to look good like they're able to provide these to customers right now.

If I was a manufacturer of any sort and had 100k+ of a captive audience I'd do the same.

Unfortunately their behaviors, weird scheduling, lack of knowing their base group will ultimately hurt their fan base.

Much like they did when they screwed the pooch on the Victory brand.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
well I'm sure many of you got your 'we're sorry we can't deliver your bike' but here is a free coaster.

At least provide a set of them, not all of us live alone :rolleyes:

I agree though the world has gone insane.

Local Ford dealership has a 2021 Corvette C8 used.

Car brand new would've retailed around $60k, on their lot for $96,995.

That's almost a 40k markup from new. It's insane.

I'm not happy about the whole Pursuit thing, but thankfully I have 2 other bikes in my garage to enjoy.

So i can be very patient.

• Wow
Reactions: crosscountryla

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Great news! I hope to get honest reviews about the quality of the bike from both of you.
Unlikely you'll see one from me this year. My bike is still showing September and it's unlikely I'll accept delivery of it that late in the riding season(Wisconsin resident).

With some of the issues I've been reading about these bikes I wouldn't want to risk the clock ticking on the 2 year warranty while it sits parked all winter.

Hell it's almost August, I'm not sure I would take it today if they called and said it just showed up at their doorstep.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Just curious …. When did you order and what was the delivery date at that time ? You may have mentioned it before on this post but I hate this new format and don’t want to look for it. Too much advertising between posts. Uggghhh
Ordered March 12th, original scheduled delivery was late April early May.

Not a big fan of the new format here either

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Gotta tell ya, the longer Indian drags this out the less enthused we are about it. We've lost most of the riding season, interest rates are high now, 23's are getting closer and I'm supposed to make payments all winter on a bike I couldn't ride while the warranty period runs down for full price??!
Not sure it makes economic sense if we can order a 23' in October, get in spring and not have a years depreciation along with possibly liking a 23' better.
The best part is a local dealer has a black Pursuit limited, not premium, not a darkhorse.

Tried negotiating with them about a month ago since they had been sitting on it for 2+ weeks already at that time.

Told them I had one on order with what I wanted, said they could make it close to a premium but seat, lights, adjustable shock and labor made it laughable and it still wouldn't be a darkhorse.

So I said leave it as is, get me an OTD price. Got the numbers, of course full on MSRP was quoted. Told them I've never paid full price and since I was settling I was less inclined to pay sticker.

Salesman said well that's your decision to make. Last I heard from him.

A month plus later bikes still sitting on their showroom floor. Their website no longer lists $29,999, now says 'GET PRICE'.

I would've been happy with a few hundred off or $500 in store credit for a new leather or something.

Some dealers are just so short sighted it's not even funny.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
well here's my latest update. Still not 100% i'm going to take delivery of it. May see if I can buy it but see if theyll let it sit until the springtime for warranty registration.

Guess I'll make that decision when it hits the dealer doorstep, I get to see one in person, take for a test ride etc.

Only 178 days since I ordered, probably only a week or so to get to my destination.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Here's my take and in same situation. Prices and interest rates will surely be higher next year. Who knows about the supply chain?! If it's the bike you want buy it and be ready to ride first thing in the spring.
interest rates don't matter, it'll be a cash deal for me.

Only upside is the HD needs tires and they're offering more than I paid for it a few years back.

Guess when I see in person and get to test ride it we will see if I get the warm mushy feeling over it or not

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
You guys have to really want it to put up with being pushed around so much by Polaris. At least you’re going in knowing they don’t care about you. Buyer beware and all that.
it's not just Polarass, I also tried to order a C8 Vette and basically got laughed out of the dealership. They're saying up to 2 years but at least I'd a 2024 or 2025 if I had placed the order.

Polarass just makes you wait until the '23s should be rolling out to give you a 2022 lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts