1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Seems like a lot of money for a fancy paint job and upgraded stereo. For that money they should have a least upgrade the engine as well. By the time you load this baby up with two people and gear, going to be pushing 1500lbs + last time I checked not getting any younger.

Indian Motorcycle Reveals 2019 Limited-Edition 2019 Roadmaster Elite | | Motorcycle Reviews, Forums, and News - AIMag.com

View attachment 512325
The colors remind me of the XCT 15 year anniversary bike.
You have made a great point on the weight.

According to the link below, the max GVWR is 1,385lbs. The bike weighs 953lbs with fluids. After filling it with fuel you have 432lbs for two people, their riding gear, and their luggage.
Specs: 2019 Indian Roadmaster Elite Motorcycle | Indian Motorcycle

According to Google the average man over 20 in the USA weighs: 196lbs
According to Google the average woman over 20 in the USA weighs: 168lbs

If we take those numbers and then add on 10lbs per person for riding gear, our total weight is: 384lbs
This leaves us with less than 50lbs for luggage to keep everything legal. If you happen to weigh 250lbs or your woman is 220lbs, this bike is not a viable LEGAL touring option.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was shocked by the average weight numbers, so I looked it up and found the same thing. That’s up 30 pounds over the last 50 years. Average height has only gone up 1”. Fellas gettin’ pudgy. Gotta say that makes me feel better about myself.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Can’t really complain about the price. It’s Less than a CVO heading over 40k. There are people out there with the money to buy it. Then you’ll see it down the road in a dealership with low miles for the low 20’s.
Happens all the time.

Reactions: Ampdreamer

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
If someone gave it to me I’d ride it.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
It's a nice bike. Grossly overpriced, but nice. They won't sell many. Yawn...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i agree it looks like the anniversary edition Cross bike and Vision.

They're only building 200 of them so it's a limited edition

But yikes 38k+ for a bike is dumb. Yes I know the top MoCo CVO are expensive too but for that you get the bigger motor as well where the Indian is the same ol 111" they've had since the last reboot.

Anyone see a trend here with the motorcycle operations? haha

• Angry
Reactions: Poseidon

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Wouldn't buy it if I won the lotto, would rather spend the extra money actually making it bad ass.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
For us ..... I agree. Ain’t happening. Put Lloydz on it and I’ll certainly take another look.

·
6,677 Posts
I totally respect Mr Greer and what he does, but it's still a Polaris - indian and therefore is not going to interest me in the least.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
I feel ya. I have more interest in a Vision than I would an Injin. Yep me too. Still sore at Polaris. When they abandoned Victory they abandoned many of their customers who now abandon them.
Trust is a difficult thing today and when it comes to Motorcycles I trust few companies any more. Honda and Triumph will always have my eye.

·
6,677 Posts
@slickvic I'm tellin' ya, Slick, I'm right there with ya. I'm past that whole angry and butt-hurt phase, that stuck with me longer than it should have. Now I just don't care any longer. Polaris can do whatever they want. They can stay, they can go, they can make the best motorcycle on the planet. I simply don't care. They are dead to me. Too many other options out there that are more affordable and are simply better bikes.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
If Honda took an old school approach to a cruiser like Triumph went back to then maybe they could be in the cruiser/ bobber game.
Here’s my thought....... back in the day we took in line 4 bikes and chopped away. I’m not saying they should build an old school chopper but an in-line 4 cruiser / bobber with both modern and retro styling ?
Throw into the accessory catalog cool custom leather bags and custom seats , handle bars , or just make the bikes so that they are after market friendly with accessories.
THIS is what I hear and see a lot of the younger crowd / Millenial bikers like ! Course they will call it their own but I like the idea too. Throw in some decent interest financing all for a price tag around $10k and you will have bikes on the road. Triumph is doing it and they are the pioneers. If I remember back in the 60s and 70s the jap bikes were considered cool too..... and fast !
Wake up Honda !

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.