VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last weekend we made way to Arkansas for our Annual Mena trip. This is a trip that my buddies and I have made time for at least once a year. Well if any of you paid attention to the weather half of the US was experiencing a ton of rain. However we are pirates so we made way. The rain was horrible, so bad in fact that we stopped in Colgate OK, to eat, dry off a little and figure out what we were going to do next.

While sitting in there we saw someone pulling in on a motorcycle...well at least we aren't the only idiots out. Wait is that an Indian? That's not an Indian fairing! That is in fact the new fairing on the new 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse! Then the other guy with as little brains as us walks in and takes off his helmet. It's freakin Adam Sandoval!!

For those of you that don't know who this guy is, he's one of the hottest riders on YouTube who is a true hero in my eyes. He was a successful business man who walked way from it all, sold off everything he had and lived on the rode with his Harley Davidson and his little passenger Scooter who's like a 5 lb Chihuahua with more miles than any other dog on the planet...ever. He has so many records for his travels. He now spend his time raising money for Vets all across the country. There is a ton more about the guy, but I don't want to make this post into a novel.

So he came in and asked to sit by us, we talked the whole time. Such a nice guy! Then while discussing what our next plan was he asked us to come out to his campground and hang with him. He supplied the beer and food as well as a pretty darn good rate on a cabin for us. We didn't make it to Arkansas but we had a great time in the rain hanging with Adam and a few other successful motorcycle Vloggers!

Wait, this guy is sponsored by Harley!! No way they would be happy with him on a brand new Dark Horse! So, turns out because of his accident that put him off the road for 12 weeks, Harley Dropped him! After all he did for that company they dropped him just like that! So Indian called him up and offered him sponsorship. They gave him a brand new 2019 Dark Horse and told him that he can still ride whatever he wants and pretty much gave him a no strings attached deal! Just said they love what he does and was deserving of a bike that matches the quality of what he does for the community! Well he did a 150 miles that day and absolutely loves the bike. He said it was more comfortable and thinks it has more power than his stage 4 114 Road Glide! Said the infotainment system destroys the HD one and stated that the only thing he didn't like was the controls. Said they seemed cheap and plasticky, but thought he had to find at least one thing wrong with it.

Big and bold move by Indian and once the wheels stop turning on my Victory Cross Country this will definitely be my next bike. If you guys are interested in knowing more about Adam Sandoval, just look him up on YouTube. Dude is awesome and I think it would be awesome if we all welcomed him to the Indian family!! Here is the link talking about it and getting his new bike.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Somebody at Polanus is gonna be in soooo much trouble.......

·
Registered
335 Posts
Somebody at Polanus is gonna be in soooo much trouble.......
I don't get that.

Adam bought a camp ground and has free rooms for disabled vets completely set up for those in wheelchairs. The guy will be the best thing for Indian. He's already taking a beating on IG from some HD riders.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I wouldn't buy an Indian at half the price. Adam Sandoval is not my idea of a celebrity.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I don't get that.

Adam bought a camp ground and has free rooms for disabled vets completely set up for those in wheelchairs. The guy will be the best thing for Indian. He's already taking a beating on IG from some HD riders.
Somebody at Polanus finally did something good.
It was sarcasm aimed at Scott Wine for ending Victory & other bad decisions made since he got involved with the company.

I think Adam has & is doing great things, glad you got to meet him & hang with him.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't buy an Indian at half the price. Adam Sandoval is not my idea of a celebrity.
If you are into the world of You Tube the guy is a pretty big deal. I mean he's big enough to where Indian gave him a brand new Dark Horse HD kept him supplied with motorcycles...even went as far as giving him 8 Milwaukee eight motorcycles to him free of charge so he could tour the country delivering these bikes to Veterans free of charge. Is he in Hollywood? No...Does he receive pretty darn good revenue for you tube? You betcha...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somebody at Polanus finally did something good.
It was sarcasm aimed at Scott Wine for ending Victory & other bad decisions made since he got involved with the company.

I think Adam has & is doing great things, glad you got to meet him & hang with him.
Ya man it was a lot of fun...really down to earth guy and very humble. He considered us celebrities because we are all in the Military...kind of funny

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't know who Adam Sandoval is, never heard of him but I do agree with Brad.
I wouldn't buy an Indian or any Polaris product for that matter.
Yes I'm bitter but I do love my Kingpin.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@Bone Dude, that must have been pretty neat. I am aware of Adam Sandoval and what he does. Never had the pleasure of meeting him. I think he has a healthy take on things, all things considered. I think it was pretty f*cked up of Harley to drop him like that. They should have shown a bit of compassion, ya know? But it is what it is. It's cool that Polanus stepped up like that, although I think it was more PR stunt on their part than any genuine outlook. They get no respect from me. I hope he gets on well with the new ride. Doesn't make me want to buy one, never will. But if it works for him, it's all good. Glad you had a great experience with all that!

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
660 Posts
I do not nor will I ever understand the new colors. Primer black, no shine makes it look like they forgot to paint it, flat black, looks like the first coat of primer black, dull black, etc. To me there is no "LIFE" to these new blacks and grays. the bike itself looks OK but being an "old fart" do not know why everyone seems so bored with their bikes they need radios and buttons to push. Also do not get the adjustable windscreen? I set mine to where I like it and it protects me from "stuff". But I have yet to either grow taller or shrink while I am riding, maybe it's just another button to push! That bike in a nice GLOSS BLACK maybe some red accents, ditch the RADIO CRAP maybe add a pocket where I can put small items - glasses, toll tickets, a pen, my check book, etc. The money that could be saved would be great, if it seems like it has got power, shedding 50-100 lbs. of wiring, switches, and items could only help.
To me the purpose is to enjoy the ride, whom you are riding with - whether they are on the bike or next to on theirs, and the country you are riding in!!!! People throw the video arcades away, take a ride and look around, stop at a local "hole in the wall" meet people. My 14 Cross country 8 ball (stage one exhaust kit, and added a tour trunk - that's only on when needed) has been banging off 45-50 mpg at highway speeds. Over 80 makes it sink to 40-42 which means the extra fuel stop has just cost ya time ( if your are trying to get somewhere in a hurry). My three Harleys were all about 5-6 mpg less. That's about 250-260 miles to a load of fuel.
I might? buy a Indian ( that contrary to what you read on a computer, in print, or hear said DIED in 1953, and It in my opinion was the fat fender style was the final nail they put in their coffin. That Company died with it. Many people bought the name to try and sell it. Polaris seems to have found some success so far. Looks like they future will start to stop looking like the 50's bike ( maybe keep one). Good luck to them, but they will have a tuff time getting me back. As I could NEVER trust them to do what they did THE WAY THEY DID IT again.
Yet their riders ARE OUR FAMILY, anyone on two wheels is! It will never be my fault that they bought the wrong bike, theirs might be OK just never as good as mine. JERRY

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Been following Adam on You Tube for quite a while .. Have always enjoyed them .. One of the Very Few can handle watching more than 5 Mins ..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yep I have been anxiously awaiting his full review on the DH. I’ve been following him for several months now and he’s doing some commendable work. And yes Polaris/Indian capitalized on Harley’s mistake. Good job on them !

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So this guy is riding across the country on a 2019 Chieftain and being sponsored by Polaris(Indian). But his newest video he spends 20 min gushing over the new Heritage Softail. Harley built him a bike that blew up, and then dropped his contract, Indian saved the sponsorship and his mission with a new bike but he goes right back to the one who ***** slapped him...... Mind. Blown.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I kinda see where he is going with this... He is probably not thrilled with HD for dropping him the way they did BUT he doesn't want to burn any bridges. And he has already said that he loves all bikes yada yada, and I respect that as well. I get it.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
While I loved the Gunny as a Victory spokesperson, I was riding the brand for a decade before he probably even knew who Victory was.

Celeb endorsements dont mean squat to me, nor do their political opinions.

Build a better product at a fair price and I'll buy it. Victory was all I rode for from 99 until the summer of 2017.

I stood by their products, I was their sponsor, I was their salesman at every stop when someone talked to me.

They let me down, not going to give them that chance again.

Yea, we're not single handedly putting much a dent in their success, but we also aren't helping it either.

• Angry
Reactions: Poseidon

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the guy is just keeping it as honest as he can when it comes to bikes no matter the name brand. He did say that he thought the Indian was more comfortable, more powerful than his stage 4 114 Harley and that the entertainment system sounded way better and had a much more friendly user interface. He did say he didn't like the switches because they seemed rather plasticky. An honest opinion and not dogging another brand is rather refreshing imho.

Once my Vic XC goes to motorcycle heaven, I will definitely be considering an Indian over all others. It will have to have made a nose dive in quality for me to consider another bike at this point.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I never heard of this guy before this Roadtest that was posted on another forum. I’ll give him this much. For a change it’s a real road test under variable road conditions. Not the usual magazine test such as well we took the streetglide out for a 200 mile run and here’s what we think ! Seriously I never thought those tests were worth a damn, go ride the damn thing for real. At 4000 miles yeah I will listen to what you have to say. We may not agree on everything but none of us do. But that’s a road test worth hearing about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.