Indian Cheiftain Elite. | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Indian Cheiftain Elite.

Discussion in 'Indian Chieftain' started by nebula72, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Gossamer

Gossamer Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Cross Country Tour
    I don't get it either, yes some people were crying for a different front fender. However a 'real Indian' is truly a thing of nostalgic beauty. I think overall they did a good job bringing modern traits to a classic look.

Start taking away the iconic full valance fender and you have, well, an overpriced HD.

I had several intentions of adding an Indian Dark Horse to my stable. Now, not touching Polaris anything.

My money is heading towards a new Camaro convertible. I may end up hating it but my distance touring days are done until a Vision 2.0, an Indian with the specs of my CCT or someone else makes something 'close enough' for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. roadcouch

roadcouch Well-Known Member

2013 xc sunset red

The direction indian is going you'll probably save money in the camaro. :drive1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JudgeRedd

JudgeRedd Well-Known Member

2014 Victory Judge (RIP)
    Well who really knows how many... I can only speak for myself that I hated that damn thing. Not saying it's an absolute deal breaker, but I know that

1. I would have to feel suitably "taken care of" in the negotiations before I bought one.

2. That $%&-ing thing would irk me every time I looked at it..

3. I would be spending time each day of my life trying to find a way to get rid of it. This "new" fender would have made me quite happy and I would have spent the dough to replace that fecking........... sail even if it meant buying and repainting the wrong color.

Yeah I can see why one would ask if the bags could open based on the angle of that picture. They do. The trunk is mounted high enough and the curvature of the bag lids provide the clearance.

4. bigsbigelow

bigsbigelow Active Member

Octane
    Well, the thing is doing exactly what it should at this point in time, mixing up discussion.

5. DPD1413

DPD1413 Active Member

2016 Cross Country
    my guess is this bike is aimed towards competing more with a CVO Harley....at least in price. My gripe is that it is way overpriced, especially if its doesn't come with a "limited" motor. Harley's CVO's now have 117's, Indian should've put a larger engine or at least made it a factory stage 2 bike. Looks nice at $10,000 less

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. cmantis

cmantis Active Member

Victory Vegas 8-Ball
    I think it looks like the Chrysler 300 of the bike world. Now excuse me as I wipe up the vomit that just dribbled out of my mouth.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. P-Dub

P-Dub Member

2016 Victory Cross Country
    Before my XC I had an Indian Scout so I have a log in on an Indian forum. Over there I said that this was Indians Magnum. Flashy paint and a bigger front wheel. Though I was not in anyway berated, I would say my comments were not well received and that in general the forum posts I skimmed over showed quite a bit of support for this bike despite the MSRP.

8. kiwi8ball

kiwi8ball Member

FXDL
    its bloody nice .........

9. El_Spanky

El_Spanky Active Member

'17 Indian Roadmaster
    Looks nice!!! Wonder how long the wait is for a painted part if you suffer an ouwie?? BUT For those $$$ Should have XM radio, heated grips, heated seat. I like it!!

10. kaitiff

kaitiff Well-Known Member

14 XC/07 KPT
    I just can't look at it and NOT see a Magnum. I mean, ****.. parked next to a Magnum with the same paint job it'd be hard to tell them apart. It's a pretty ***** I'll give it that.. but 31K? Yah.. NOPE. For that kind of dough I could find 2 or maybe even THREE XC's and have them custom painted for the same money.