VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Seeing the fact incomes will tank, government handouts for the average person is a joke, not sure many dealers will be able to keep their doors open or even Harley or Indian. I was at a local car dealer getting some service, any day any time was available. When I arrived, the mechanics were in the bays sitting on chairs and drinking coffee waiting for anyone to show up. The sales department was dead, no customers. Considering in many parts of the country is buried under snow half the year it might be even worse. Maybe some good deals coming on the positive.

Reactions: rwc

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Yea, that sucks for a lot of families in a lot of locations. I’m thinking this could be the tip of the iceberg. Not just for Polaris and their people. In reality, Polaris Indian is in better shape than some of the other Powersports manufacturers. Their diversity is their strength.

Reactions: rwc

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
For Polaris it’s just a smart move. This whole virus thing is gonna put a huge strain on HD. I see many dealers closing with this going on. They had enough sales issues before this even started now with riding season coming up all around the country this is going to put a serious hurt on them.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I’m seeing it here in my area. From barber shops to repair shops. A ghost town at night. It’s good to see mostly everyone adhere to the stay at home order. Many are recovering from the virus. Hopefully in the next few weeks we see a decline in new cases. Still don’t let your guard down. Until there’s a vaccine and everyone is given it we need to keep our distance. This could go thru the summer.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
From barber shops to repair shops.
I rebuild automatic transmissions, I also work alone. Front door is locked and we talk by phone. I have been blessed to stay busy. My concern is when this is over and things pick back is going to be the availability of parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.