Indian adopting Victory style of motorcycles? | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Indian adopting Victory style of motorcycles?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by mhowe441, Jan 12, 2017.

1. mhowe441

mhowe441 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    17' Victory Octane
    Was just curious about peoples thoughts on Indian's future models since Victory will be no more... I wouldn't mind seeing Indian adopting some of the styling of the Victory models, could be interesting to see what comes out in the future.
    Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Indian look, hence why i chose Victory, but just curious if Indian would change it up a bit or just bury Victory all together.

2. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    I'd say closing Victory gives Indian many more options to build new Indian models. So yes, I fully expect to see future Indians that are heavily influenced from current Victory models.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jack49

Jack49 New Member

victory cross country tour
    Maybe the employees of victory could buy the name and manufacturing plant and only keep cross country models along with the gunner and octane . Drop the rest of the line and get some dealers that care about selling motorcycles and promoting the brand I'm sure the brand could be profitable again . Just a though

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. krb

krb Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    Isn't that a movie plot or something?

Regardless, Vic and Indian are made in the same facility and the Polaris employees who have been building Vics will now be helping churn out Indians at a faster pace.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Eddieb

Eddieb New Member

2011 victory vision 8 ball
    I will believe it when I see a magnum or a vision until then Indian is just another HD look alike

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. unbidden

unbidden Active Member

Victory Cross Country
    Polaris better do something cuz those Indian engines and fairings are BFn Ugly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    Indian sells well. They had trouble selling the Victory bikes so closed it up. Why on earth would they want to make Indians look like a Victory. Indian is not looking for the Victory owners, they are looking for the HD and Japanese folks. The Victory Kingpin was a perfect example of a futuristic Indian had they stayed in business for 40 more years.

There are not enough Victory owners for them to care about made clear by them eliminating the company. If Polaris sets you adrift eliminating your bike why would anybody do that again with Polaris?

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Ossmid

Ossmid New Member

Gunner
    There's no way. It would be right in the price point of the Scout. Additionally, the TS111 engine is absolute garbage, and the last thing they need is yet another detraction that demonstrates that Polaris doesn't know what they hell they're doing (i.e. the Freedom 106 is notably older but technically more advanced than the TS111).

No, what Polaris needs to do is relax on the bikes and do a phenomenally better job of offering a dealer support network when it comes to Indians. Right now, non-fanatical, Indian owners are starting to get pissed off. Turns out their $35K bikes don't hold up as well as they should, paint starts peeling and rust sets in at less than two years of ownership. Not to mention that the "clacking" issue is starting to become more commonplace as they sell more TS111 bikes (sell more bikes, increase the sample size for clacking issues = more of a problem).

There's no chance they'll leverage Victory. I mean it's a nice thought, but Polaris already has bikes at that price point. The REAL issue is that Polaris is staring another recall in the face with that TS111 engine.

The M8 is out, we'll see that engine in other HD bikes soon. Polaris isn't going to compete with the M8 for some time because it's become obvious that Indian is quickly becoming after thought (Chieftain-Magnum with cool-er paint jobs anyone? - we've heard that same music before).

It was never a product issue or marketing issue with Victory, it was a leadership issue. Until that changes, Indian's days are also numbered, and they certainly won't be throwing more R&D money at it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Phideaux

Phideaux Well-Known Member

2011 XC, 2005 VTX 1800 Spec 2
    Please site your sales information.

10. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    They kept Indian and closed Victory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    don't care about Indians, they dropped Victory and I will not trust those smucks and they will never see any more of my money ...not even oil change kits!

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. mobear66

mobear66 Well-Known Member

Victory XC FCP
    IMG_0698.PNG I started a thread before I saw this. But I mean why would they recycle Victory stuff that didn't sell a lot. Like antifreeze green or tequila gold.

13. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    maybe they should to some small degree. I saw a pack of bikes cruising on the other side of the highway today and do you know which bike stuck out from the crowd ? It was a magnum,,, sickest one of the bunch !

• Like Like x 2
  14. mobear66

mobear66 Well-Known Member

Victory XC FCP
    only cuz mine wasn't there. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    [​IMG]actually this looks like the bike I saw and at highway speeds this beauty stuck out like a zebra in a herd of, well ,,, hogs ! from the bat wing and the color scheme to the stance,,, it just looked awesome :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1