VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently during a bike rally I looked down and noticed my oil temp rising on my dip stick. We were in slow, heavy traffic at the time so I expected it to rise some but as it reached the 225 mark I really began to watch it. Not long after, it actually got to 285. At that point I pulled out of the rally and went for a spin to try to get some air on it. It began to return to normal so I parked it. I came back an hour later and it was around the 175 mark. I hit the rally again and again it began to rise to around250 . I parked it for the night! It only has 1900 miles on it and the oil was changed by a Vic dealer @ 600 miles. I asked my dealer and they said 185 was close to max temp but offered no advice or insight on anything. I'm going to change the oil again now, but I'm a bit worried about it. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
398 Posts
Fort Benton, Montana in July when I went outside to check on the bike. Triumph next to me had a dipstick that registered what the outside thermometer at the hotel was at. Looked at the Victory dipstick temp and it was 20 degrees higher. They are inaccurate. So who knows what your oil temperature really was.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK fair enough but it that dip stick never varies during normal runs for me. 195ish consistantly! If it were a fualty stick would'nt it show some variance? I'm OK with the temp gettin to 285 because 1st of all, I didnt let it stay there long, 2nd of all, I could kind of blame it on the slow, tight, traffic. My question is should I worry about changing it @ 1900 miles or am I ok to wait until the 2500 mark? I rode today for about 50 miles the temp never rose above 200

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.