VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take your tins to off to have them painted at the start of spring.

nuff said.

Ok, maybe not.

I sent both seats to Mean City Cycles to be redone & I ordered what looks like a really cool chameleon paint for the bike and I plan to give a review (with pics) on both when I can. The seats are back but the tank, fenders & side covers wont be shot til tomorrow & sanding & buffing will delay me a couple more days.

I hate waiting.

Just feeling sorry for myself.

Ride safe,

Chas

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

Chas_K said:
Take your tins to off to have them painted at the start of spring.

nuff said.

Ok, maybe not.

I sent both seats to Mean City Cycles to be redone & I ordered what looks like a really cool chameleon paint for the bike and I plan to give a review (with pics) on both when I can. The seats are back but the tank, fenders & side covers wont be shot til tomorrow & sanding & buffing will delay me a couple more days.

I hate waiting.

Just feeling sorry for myself.

Ride safe,

Chas
I'll heed your advice & wait till fall to get some custom paint so they can have 4+ months to get it done.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really screwed up. I waited too long this winter to contact MCC and they had a month and a half waiting list. I should have done this a lot earlier but it was cold out & I figured it could wait til it got above freezing. Little did I know Iowa would go from sub freezing to good riding weather in 3 weeks. Then I delayed on the paint because the seats were gonna take 1.5 months, wow, I really messed up.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!

Ride safe, (you lucky dogs)

Chas

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

well mother nature crapped all over us today and it will be at least a week before it smartens up.
Have fun with the re-assembly when the parts arrive.

·
Registered
609 Posts

Awwww you poor thing! At least you have warm enough weather you COULD ride.... LOL. Actually I feel your pain dude, I have 2 bikes in pieces getting custom airbrush work so I'm looking at at least another month... *sigh* :(

bored76 said:
well mother nature crapped all over us today and it will be at least a week before it smartens up.
Look familiar? Stoopid Alberta.....

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
MONKEY666 said:
Awwww you poor thing! At least you have warm enough weather you COULD ride.... LOL. Actually I feel your pain dude, I have 2 bikes in pieces getting custom airbrush work so I'm looking at at least another month... *sigh* :(

bored76 said:
Look familiar? Stoopid Alberta.....

Glad I was sitting at home last night

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Is that the paint that changes colors depending on how you look at it? If so, are you getting the heavy sparkle? Def. want to see the finished product!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll give full details & post pics when it's done. I have been to the paint shop twice today & he was about to start painting an hour ago when I was last there. I left so as not to distract him and cause a goof up. Feel kind of like an expectant father pacing in a waiting room back before they made us go in with our wives.

Ride safe,

Chas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.