VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...what would you ride for DISTANCE work.?

Frankly I'm not sure - But a Corbin faired Rocket-III-Touring or Thunderbird would be up there. They're up there anyway until I see what 2011 brings!

On the topic of Corbin - it's been a while since I looked in there - Nice top trunk for the XC/XR.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
A Harley Davidson Ultra Classic....if Yamaha would ever redesign their Royal Star Venture that may be the choice.

Intermediate touring or mountain touring I would choose either a Honda ST1300 or Yamaha FJR1300.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I'd be on a Triumph Thunderbird with the 1700 kit installed.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
BMW K1600GTL (I may still end up with one.....)

http://www.tourer-2010-en.com/index/the.future.of.touring

The BMW K 1600 GT and the K 1600 GTL - two motorcycles which setnew standards in the touring motorcycle segment in terms of riding properties, long-distance suitability and comfort.Their common basis is the lightest and most compact 6-cylinder in-line engine ever fitted in a serial production motorcycle. It offers a fascinating torque of 175 Nm and an output of 118 kW (160 bhp), making touring a whole new experience.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
mjw930 said:

The BMW K 1600 GT and the K 1600 GTL - two motorcycles which setnew standards in the touring motorcycle segment in terms of riding properties, long-distance suitability and comfort.Their common basis is the lightest and most compact 6-cylinder in-line engine ever fitted in a serial production motorcycle. It offers a fascinating torque of 175 Nm and an output of 118 kW (160 bhp), making touring a whole new experience.
Are these bikes out yet? Couldnt find a pic on the link...

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
dsjr70 said:
mjw930 said:

Are these bikes out yet? Couldnt find a pic on the link...
No, they will probably be introduced at the press / dealer meetings this summer in Germany. The fact that BMW has a micro-site up for them pretty much says they will be here shortly. All BMW has released are the sketches you see on that site.

·
Registered
470 Posts

I'd get another RoadGlide or maybe give another Yammy a shot. Would like to try a Beemer but just a tad too short to feel comfortable on them. As mentioned the current Yam is getting old in the tooth however.
RR

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting - tbh an Ultra Classic was well up on my list until a mate from England came over on his. I had to make from scratch a UNC bolt (this is metric country). Put me off another Harley. Also I've a good friend in theUK who tunes them - he's put me right off the new motors too.

Right now I'm "stuck" between Victory and Triumph. Same dealer. They also have Guzzis - the Norge is nice but a bit "small"

imo this is one time that size matters - any tourer I buy will be used 2 up. For solo runs I'd take the Buell S3T anyway.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.