VOG Forum banner

Idle problem on CCT

786 11
Went for a ride this morning. After about 30 miles pulled off at an exit and the bike would hardly idle. When I pulled over out of traffic, it died. Started back up but had to use the throttle to keep it running. Road home and it ran great, plenty of power. Got home, same problem at idle. Where should I start? Thanks!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,776 Posts
What NOEMTZ said. My bike was giving me fits last month dying in traffic and IAC reset fixed it.

• Agree
Reactions: Bikesofbrads

· Registered
4,420 Posts
I’ve included checking (with a wrench) my battery terminals every other oil change, I also do the tps and the iac reset when has been a noticeable change in weather, disconnected the battery or cleaned the air filter. Love this bike more than my wife and favorite kid

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Put star washers on the battery bolts and they stay tight for years!.....:bandit:

· Premium Member
415 Posts
Greetings @garyc ,

Any update on your reported "Idle problem on CCT"? Curious minds want to know. Hope you got it sorted.

Ride safe,
Smokier

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greetings @garyc ,

Any update on your reported "Idle problem on CCT"? Curious minds want to know. Hope you got it sorted.

Ride safe,
Smokier
I did the IAC reset and it seemed to idle ok, but I haven’t road anywhere yet. I’m going to replace the battery. Planned on doing that anyway next spring since it’s been 5 years. Going to take it to the shop next week and have the fuel pressure checked and take a close look at the throttle body.

· Registered
4,420 Posts
@garyc I bet a trip to the shop will be a waste of money if you have done the IAC reset & she is idling correctly again. Sometimes the simplest solutions the best one, I do an iac & a tps reset every time the weather changes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts