VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2011 Kingpin with 5000 mi. and was looking for the idle adjustment screw with no luck. It apparently is not in the same area as my 2004. The only thing I see from the right side of the bike looks like a small stud with a lock nut on it. My bike is idling a little low, it is fine when cold @1000 rpm but at about 800 when at operating temp. Also does the 2011 require the throttle bodies need to be cleaned like the older bikes? If that is so I would probably do that first. Hope someone has an answer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I thought I heard somewhere that the throttle bodies didn't need cleaning. Mayabe i will try doing the ecm reset as I know the battery was recently changed and mabe that will help.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Just picked up a 2011 Kingpin with 5000 mi. and was looking for the idle adjustment screw with no luck. It apparently is not in the same area as my 2004. The only thing I see from the right side of the bike looks like a small stud with a lock nut on it. My bike is idling a little low, it is fine when cold @1000 rpm but at about 800 when at operating temp. Also does the 2011 require the throttle bodies need to be cleaned like the older bikes? If that is so I would probably do that first. Hope someone has an answer.
My kingpin(when stock) will go to 1250 when cold(below 70) then it will lump around 800-850
Only way to get to the throttle bodies is to cut that plastic air box out...
Then get yourself lloydz torque tube intake (TTI) with the idle air valve, then you can set your idle to whatever you want...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Only the 07 and earlier bikes had idle screws that you could adjust. 08 and up bikes are ecm/iac controlled and the throttle bodies do not get as dirty and the earlier bikes, but do need to be cleaned once in a while. I had an 08 in the shop the other week that was FILTHY

·
Registered
444 Posts
My kingpin(when stock) will go to 1250 when cold(below 70) then it will lump around 800-850
Only way to get to the throttle bodies is to cut that plastic air box out...
Then get yourself lloydz torque tube intake (TTI) with the idle air valve, then you can set your idle to whatever you want...
Im pretty sure you dont have to cut the box up in order to clean the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Im pretty sure you dont have to cut the box up in order to clean the throttle bodies.
You can actually unscrew em and slide em out... Can is the operative word ..
You don't have to, can slide em out, you can drop the motor, you can cut the top of the airbox, you can replace the POS with something else...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.