VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some of the folks on here have pics or links etc in their signatures. I searched for info on this but can't figure out how to insert a pic in mine. Could it be the Firefox browser I use once again not letting me get what I want?

I tried makeing a pic small and inserting the url in the text but it didn't show.

TIA

Chas

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
PM Andy! or maybe he'll just chime in

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
It's really very simple, once you find the link to setting your signature.

From the home page click on "FORUMS". From there click on the sub menu "User Settings". You will get a setup page that allows you to create a signature with all kinds of formatting. One word of advice, keep it short and don't imbed large or complex graphics. Not everyone has huge screens and super fast connections so it can make their user experience less than pleasant if it takes 20 seconds to load every thread because if huge signatures.

Here's some screen shots:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Watch this video and see if it helps: http://thevog.net/videos/id_225/title_uploading-photos-into-gallery-thread/

As far as adding links: copy your link - paste it in the thread - highlight (select) what you just pasted in - click the Hyperlink Icon at the top of the Message box (looks like a globe with three links of a chain across the bottom) - paste the link in the URL field - hit OK.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
mjw930 said:

From the home page click on "FORUMS". From there click on the sub menu "User Settings". You will get a setup page that allows you to create a signature with all kinds of formatting. One word of advice, keep it short and don't imbed large or complex graphics. Not everyone has huge screens and super fast connections so it can make their user experience less than pleasant if it takes 20 seconds to load every thread because if huge signatures.

Thanks MJW for taking the time to post this.

Yes, this is the easiest method to add a signature line/photo to your posts. MJW is correct that if you add a graphic, please keep it small.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I was just going say move north to Canada with OneThumb and some of the other northerner's. It never really does get warm up there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mjw930 said:

This was a HUGE help, Thanks. Also I discovered that the pic I inserted was too large but if I clicked on the pic it was hilighted & I could click & hold a corner and resize on the spot. Starting to feel my coolness points increasing already.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

redpin04 said:
I was just going say move north to Canada with OneThumb and some of the other northerner's. It never really does get warm up there.
You got that right, We are the COOL VOGers up here, to-day snow flurries, ice pellets and some rain, the price we Pay For Being COOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.