I took a break... and now I'm back... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

I took a break... and now I'm back...

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by CruzR, May 31, 2017.

1. CruzR

CruzR theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2005 V92 Touring Cruiser Anniversary Edition, & 2008 Vision Tour Premium "Cherry Bomb"
    I took a break from TheVOG for a a couple of months, and came back a day or so ago. I think the time away was healthy.

Like everyone else, I was so bummed about the Victory demise. We mostly became poison apples in the same barrel, and understandably so, affecting each other with our comments. But I couldn't take the negativity anymore - it was sucking what little joy i had at that time in TheVOG.

Then there was the @Kurbs thing. I did not know him, but I've been nosing around here since 2011, although I didn't start posting much until last year. His being gone was negative for me, just as it would if many of you would go. We each are a part of the collective experience, and as so we are each important.

It's also been bugging me that I didn't get credit on the site for becoming a paying member. Yep, I thought the site was valuable enough to me to contribute.

So between it all, I gave up. It was also a period of home renovation, and two family memorials out of state. Then, family wanted to use my upcoming 60th Bday as a family reunion with a positive edge, to overcome the sorrow of the last two months. And that takes a little planning, which Ms Judy and I have been doing. Colorado awaits...

It seems the major storm of sorrow and anger has passed, and folks here are a bit more accepting of the Victory loss, to the point of encouraging each other to buy up more Victorys! Now we're talking!

My best friend came out to visit last week, and I loaned him the Cherry Bomb - the '08 Vision Tour Premium. He road up to Rocky Mountain National Park (still a lot of snow on the ground), rode the Peak to Peak Highway between Estes Park and Central City, to Evergreen, and more. There are more than several twisty canyon roads leading upward to the hills from where I live. Unfortunately, due to work pressure, I did not join him on the V92TC. A third day we were planning to ride together, but these damn spring rains kept us off the road.

It was my friend's enthusiasm for his two days on the Vision that got me back on this site. I'm looking forward to my old ritual of perusing TheVOG before bed. Hey, @Bigfoot ! You out there somewhere?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    o_O You mentioned the banished one! Are you crazy? May the ban hammer kill you swiftly!

I once was a contributing member. I didn't renew. Funny thing is the only person that was still lit with a yellow handle showing they were a contributing member was the banished one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CruzR

2005 V92 Touring Cruiser Anniversary Edition, & 2008 Vision Tour Premium "Cherry Bomb"
    It's all good. We can remember our friend, we can be sorry he's not on here (under his old handle), and we can talk about him. Just like with the loss of Victory, l'm not picking scabs anymore. Let's Ride!

4. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

Hey, I still talk to him. On the "other" place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CheezyRider

CheezyRider Active Member

Honda
    Yep, Kurbs was a hoot and missed by many. Glad your back Cruz and couldnt agree more with ya about pickin up another Vic = some GREAT buys out there for sure!! Only thing is that with it being ride time now its hard to stop riding long enough to even look LOL..
    Have a great summer out there!!!

6. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    Ban Hammer without a Victory you mean? He doesn't post anymore....

Why would that be?

7. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

He didn't post much before that tantrum. I just chalked it up to a weekend fly over he found himself with nothing to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    True, maybe that's the same weekend he got ban hammer himself on that fotografe forum?

9. mobear66

mobear66 Well-Known Member

Victory XC FCP
    @CruzR glad to have you back.

10. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    That was some story. I'm a Victory fanboy. I admit it. I had two Vic's before it was cool. And I did not take the demise of Victory as hard as many on this forum. I took a break because there were some on this forum who were mean under the guise of "political incorrectness". Seeing some of the things said to Bigfoot, I would not be surprised if he got tired of it and left. That is my hope rather than consider he crashed or something. This is an inherently dangerous sport. My point is: insulting people, making racial slurs and personal attacks had been so commonplace on this forum it became the culture. That's why I left, perhaps others did as well. Anyway, It's better now. Welcome back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CruzR

Thanks!