VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Friday evening was a friend house. Several of us got together. I was showing them Storm.
Played a few hands of small time poker. We hadn't been together in a while. Very little alcohol and I'm not one to drink and ride.
On way home, dark corner, coyote interfered. Would have chopped it except I was in a lean 30mph turn.. right turn, he came from left, I steered towards it to be gone by the time I got there. It actually turned back. No more road, hard lean wasn't enough, caught edge.
Rode dirt till it threw me off.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts

Well, this blows. Obviously we want to know that you are OK, which it sounds like you are. The bike? Well, we'll see what happens there. That could be a tough one. But it's just a machine. Machines can be replaced.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sorry to hear.
Hate to see that.
Glad your ok.
WW

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
So, Friday evening was a friend house. Several of us got together. I was showing them Storm.
Played a few hands of small time poker. We hadn't been together in a while. Very little alcohol and I'm not one to drink and ride.
On way home, dark corner, coyote interfered. Would have chopped it except I was in a lean 30mph turn.. right turn, he came from left, I steered towards it to be gone by the time I got there. It actually turned back. No more road, hard lean wasn't enough, caught edge.
Rode dirt till it threw me off.
Is that a crack along the top of the fairing? From the picture it doesn't look bad; maybe just dirty with some scratches unless the fairing is cracked.

With that nice paint job; that would be a major bummer.

Glad you're okay. You are okay right?

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Whaaaaaaaa so sorry to see this, but it seems you are OK, just a huge crack in your EGO, another reminder to be causious all the time, most accidends happen near the house ...

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Hate it whenever I see this. I had a deer do something similar to me on my 02.. those suckers can MOVE when they want to. Hope you can get her upright and going again man.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I hope you didn't get banged up too bad. As for the bike it can be fixed.

I think we need to get a search party for that coyote and give it a good beat down (or killing) for taking out a fellow rider and his bike.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that a crack along the top of the fairing? From the picture it doesn't look bad; maybe just dirty with some scratches unless the fairing is cracked.

I haven't seen the bike yet. All in seeing is pics. I was told it's fixable. Shall see

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had speared a couple critters. But I knew in a turn taking a hit on that front tire has no good ending. Was doing the right thing just didn't work out.

1,3,4 ribs crack near posture. Scapula crack. Nothing broken, just cracks

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Sorry to hear. Nothing I can think of good about going down. Good you will heal, just don't cough, laugh, sneeze, or fart.

Yeah, it does suck. Get better sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to hear. Nothing I can think of good about going down. Good you will heal, just don't cough, laugh, sneeze, or fart.

Yeah, it does suck. Get better sooner rather than later.
Been farting a lot. Lol. That is the relief. I'm still on doctor bed.
You're right about the cough, you gotta prepare for that

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Been farting a lot. Lol. That is the relief. I'm still on doctor bed.
You're right about the cough, you gotta prepare for that
You're in the hospital? Just for your information; a crack to a bone is a fracture which is indeed a broken bone even if they didn't separate. It's just not nearly as severe as a separation or worse; a compound fracture where the bone separates then pokes through the flesh and skin into the outside world.

Broken ribs like yours can be very serious because it can lead to shallow breathing which can lead to a lung infection like pneumonia.

I only mention these things so you're aware of them.

Get well soon. It sounds like you and your bike were separated when an ambulance carted you away then a tow truck was called to retrieve your bike.

Is that about right?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.