VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like every year I quit riding for 3-4 weeks just after 4th of July. Maybe it's because the heat usually cranks up down here, maybe it's because I ride a lot in the spring and fall and it's a good time for a short break. I'm back today for my first ride since the week after the 4th... Can't wait for the fall. I need to get another overnight or weekend trip planned for the mountains in late September or October, love fall riding!

Anyone else who generally rides pretty regularly usually take a summer break?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Every July my wife And I head up to Minnesota for a month with the truck and camper. Spend our time just chilling out bicycle riding.floating, spending time with relatives etc. This year when it was 108 in St Louis and the high where we were at in MN was 78 I felt pretty fortunate. Tomorrow I am headed off on the bike to Vegas and CA and will probably ride thru Death Valley, Yike's!

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I quit riding today but will pick up it back on when the work day is over and I need to get home. Probably quit when I get home to but will start back up in the morning to get to work. :huepfenicon111:
Me too! I quit riding yesterday but I'm going to ride again tonight to choir rehearsal. Then I'll probably quit again until the next morning.

• Winner
Reactions: Kenstah

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Anyone else who generally rides pretty regularly usually take a summer break?
Due to global warming, we've been running temps about 10 degrees lower than normal which has caused a lot of rain to fall instead of 100+ degree temps with 90-100% relative humidity. Precipitation is the only reason that causes me not to ride.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts

HA! Sorry, couldn't resist. Heavy rain or ice is what keeps me from riding as well. other than that I take no breaks from riding.

• Haha
Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
795 Posts
Up here in B.C. we have a serious forest fire season. When winds were blowing from the interior toward the coast, I didn't ride for 10 days due to extreme air quality advisory combined with very high heat and low visability.
The interior of the province is still burning, quite a disaster with over $300 million spent on fire fighting so far.Down near the coast our weather has cleared and riding is great again.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Haven't ridden since end of May, but that's due to selling my ride. It's killing me but will ride here in a couple weeks hopefully. Hearing all of the good rides on hear helps.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Only time I break from riding is due to weather and being as I'm only a 1/2 hr SE of Chicago I get it in when ever possible there's been yrs in the past we get only 6 months in

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: NY mike

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
At least you've had a road trip. The one time I had a group of buddies to go with over to the dragon from central FL and back the ole lady wasn't having it. B****, lol.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
At least you've had a road trip. The one time I had a group of buddies to go with over to the dragon from central FL and back the ole lady wasn't having it. B****, lol.
:box1: :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: NY mike
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.