VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a great little ride today. I live in Northern Calif in the mountains. There are a ton of small communities out iin the sticks around here I have never been to for some reason. I do get pretty nervous worrying about deer as they are all over the place up here. The roads are amazing because they follow the terrain. It is like being on a roller coaster you are in control of. I really like the steep hills dropping off and rising again almost instantly. Long sweeping 45 mph turns. I swear I almost had to do a 360 it was the strangest curve I have ever been on. I don't really like riding alone but today was fun. On the way home a guy on a HD fell in behind me. We were tearing it up passing cars and such (wear it was permissible). I wish I had a helmet cam as I think you guys would love this area. All in all a great day.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Ridin' is great......Ridin' new territory is even greater! Good for you.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Sounds like a great place to ride!
Take care with those deer.
Some areas up here near town are completely contaminated with them!
Take some still pics next time if it's safe to do so.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I went for a great little ride today. I live in Northern Calif in the mountains. There are a ton of small communities out iin the sticks around here I have never been to for some reason. I do get pretty nervous worrying about deer as they are all over the place up here. The roads are amazing because they follow the terrain. It is like being on a roller coaster you are in control of. I really like the steep hills dropping off and rising again almost instantly. Long sweeping 45 mph turns. I swear I almost had to do a 360 it was the strangest curve I have ever been on. I don't really like riding alone but today was fun. On the way home a guy on a HD fell in behind me. We were tearing it up passing cars and such (wear it was permissible). I wish I had a helmet cam as I think you guys would love this area. All in all a great day.
Do you know why riders don't need shrinks? Cuz we are to busy riding and enjoying life! Keep riding and enjoy it all. While we may not know the road you rode we all have them we have come across and hearing your enthusiasm brings us back too. Enjoy

Reactions: jkcerda

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my sig coalt45. Mount Shasta, Ca.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
II went out past McCloud on Highway 89 towards Reno. Went over to McArthur. Have riden many tiimes out past Gazelle. Nice riding out there to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
II went out past McCloud on Highway 89 towards Reno. Went over to McArthur. Have riden many tiimes out past Gazelle. Nice riding out there to.
I like to do 44 to 89 and then down 5 to the furnace. Great views of Shasta going north and sometimes stop at the McCloud falls. Burney Falls are nice too! But state wants to much money to see them.
We should have a ride one of these days.
Doug

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
A couple hours after sunrise and a bit after raen won't have e to deal with the deer too much.... However fun it is just remember on some of those hills you don't know what's over the top, I tend to run up a hill pretty good then let the speed fall off at the top and continue.... I have have sneaky bastards sitting atop of the road as I come up and start over see them at the last moment

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did take this pic of my bike in front of a church in what I think was Dana CA.
Tire Wheel Sky Building Plant

08Norcal and coalt we need to hook up and ride sometime! Shoot me a message here if you have an itch =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.