VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the bottom two part pin that holds the clear wind wing to the black mounting assembly. Not sure I can even buy just that pin so might need something else that the wing can pivot on. Idea's appreciated?

Wood Tool Flooring Bicycle part Auto part
One part comes in from the top and the other comes in from the bottom and they lock up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear from you again. If you hadn't of told me it was a real thing I would have thought you were joking. It gave me an idea to go to a local nut and bolt store that I had forgot about and see if they have anything. I can't really order it because I don't know the actual diameter size.
If I can find a "Sex Bolt" with a screw head on both ends that might work if I got it a little bit longer than needed so the wing will still pivot.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
why not use a stainless bolt and nyloc nut

• Winner
Reactions: jsiegelaar

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Look up Sex Bolt. It's a real thing, available at any hardware store and just might work for you.
They can also be called barrel bolt, Chicago screw...
Sounds awfully smutty to me Paul.:redface:

Maybe wrap some teflon tape on the barrel of the bolt to take up any gap to prevent rattling?

• Haha
Reactions: Pauljp

·
Registered
5,651 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
There was a thread somewhere about this. I remember someone using a brass bolt of some sort but I read this years ago and damn if I knew where it was in here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.